Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this disclaimer on the strictly diesel website in regards to 7.3 and 6.0L stand alone HP fuel pumps:

AIRDOG II NOTE: WE DO NOT CURRENTLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF AN AIRDOG II IN A HIGH PRESSURE FORD 7.3L OR 6.0L APPLICATION. We have discontinued the sale of the AirDog II for these applications because we don't feel that the performance and reliability of the AirDog II are sufficient. If you are working on a 7.3L truck that will be 400hp or less (or a 6.0L with 190cc or smaller injectors) and you are interested in an "Air Removal Device", we recommend using a standard AirDog 100gph or 150gph unit feeding your stock fuel pump. If you are planning to exceed the power level/injector size described above, please call us to discuss your needs.

thought i'd share...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well that's just great. I just installed my AD2 back in January. I haven't had any problems out of it but that doesn't leave any piece of mind thats for sure. After reading some of the horror stories with Pureflow's customer service I sure hope I don't have to deal with them.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
A1000 and the stocker with regulated return and fuel bowl delete it is.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Its that what Adrian runs? I've heard he has a good setup but never heard what it is

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I found this disclaimer on the strictly diesel website in regards to 7.3 and 6.0L stand alone HP fuel pumps:

AIRDOG II NOTE: WE DO NOT CURRENTLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF AN AIRDOG II IN A HIGH PRESSURE FORD 7.3L OR 6.0L APPLICATION. We have discontinued the sale of the AirDog II for these applications because we don't feel that the performance and reliability of the AirDog II are sufficient. If you are working on a 7.3L truck that will be 400hp or less (or a 6.0L with 190cc or smaller injectors) and you are interested in an "Air Removal Device", we recommend using a standard AirDog 100gph or 150gph unit feeding your stock fuel pump. If you are planning to exceed the power level/injector size described above, please call us to discuss your needs.

thought i'd share...
Never hurts to repeat. I posted that about a month ago. I am turning my ADII down to 20psi and using it to feed a Fuelab Prodigy HP pump.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wonder what they're going to do for warranty issues in the future.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think its just strictly diesel that doesn't sell them any more... its their disclaimer not air dogs I believe. Obviously they are having issues. Im glad that I changed my order from ptp to the low pressure unit thanks to the advice of someone on here. especially after seeing this... still waiting on the gogo manifold to be complete to install my upgrades :)

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
This would work but you would have to put a water/fuel separator before the A1000 so you didn't accidentally trash the pump with debris in the tank and you would have to add a 2 micron spin on filter after the stock pump so you could have enough filtration if you deleted the fuel bowl.

Its that what Adrian runs? I've heard he has a good setup but never heard what it is
No. Adrian's fuel system consists of a Racor Water/Fuel Separator that then goes to a Walbro 255lph high pressure pump that then feeds the stock pump and then that goes to a Dozer's Diesel RR kit with the fuel bowl still in use I believe.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have had mine for about 2 years with no problems.
I also just upgraded the wires to 10 gauge and it made a BIG difference in the way the pump runs.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I should have listened to everyone who told me not to buy an Airdog :doh:

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I've been running an AD2 for over five years with zero issues BUT I've done a lot of things to help it out and if I had to pay a shop to do what I've done it would probably have cost me well over $600 or $700. Here's a link to what seems to be another mod that needs to be done in order to make the AD2 live longer and one I've done with mine from the beginning. Wiring mod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts