Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess ill be the first

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Go ahead and let us know how it works out for you. Take pictures as you do the job.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Now you have me curious Matt. I'll have to see if I have one from the factory since they noted some trucks did come with them and if not in a CC Lariat what models would they put them in. If not I might have to put this on the to do list. Let us know if it works well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im ordering one i will take pics

Matt

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,288 Posts
I have noticed when I just want to run the vent, I actually get hotter air than outside temps due to the heater core having coolant flow all the time. I have to turn on the automatic temperature control and the turn off the air conditioner to get cool outside air without using the AC. For those vehicles that do not have the automatic temperature control, I would think that this "add on" would be useful.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Checked today and yes I have the control valve, :icon_ford: calls it a Heater Control Valve. The vacum line to it got a leak and caused some of my problems with the duct work, default defrost. Installed to the upper heater hose, shouldn't be a hard an install.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the update dan

Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed one in my Excursion yesterday. It seems to have decreased the temp about 5 degrees vs the standard valve that came with my Excursion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would like to install one of these valves if I do not already have one. Can someone tell me exactly where to look or better yet, send a pic of the factory valve?

Thanks Much

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My '04 F350 has this already this installed on it (OEM). It works fine for when using MAX AC but when using the vent or Norm AC, it still let's water flow into the heater core. Personally, I wish it was connected to the temp adjuster --- meaning that when the temp was set to cold, it would turn it off and the more you adjust it to hot, the more the valve opened.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed one this past week....works GREAT...worth the $$$$!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC control valve

Checked today and yes I have the control valve, :icon_ford: calls it a Heater Control Valve. The vacum line to it got a leak and caused some of my problems with the duct work, default defrost. Installed to the upper heater hose, shouldn't be a hard an install.
Since you already had one, where is it located so I can check mine?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts