Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What aftermarket air cleaning systems and/or aftermarket filters is everybody having good luck with? I have always used S&B on my Cummins, but what is your experience with Ford?

·
Registered
361 Posts
S&B is a good choice for the money. A bit hard to change & clean I think but well worth the 1mpg gain.

Local dealer here has not questioned it when taken in for the oil change / service plan.

·
Registered
172 Posts
for what its worth. The Banks did not throw any codes when it was stock or with a tuner.. easy to remove and clean.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'll never buy another CAI brand other than S&B, really good quality and fit.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Here is the answer to the Check Engine Light question..

Trucks with Build Dates Earlier than June 2007
Some trucks with build dates before June 2007 may have come with an older software flash that could cause a check engine light with an intake installed. We have done the testing and our competitor's intakes have the same result. Updating the software on your truck should resolve the issue; however, S&B will refund your money should a check engine light occur.

It also has been through ISO 5011 testing and performed well. The tests bring back an airflow rating of a 23.4% flow gain from your factory box and filter and also keeping a 99.48% Efficiency @ 593 CFM! These kits are very easy and simple to install and are reasonably priced! PM me for a quote!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Everyone!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I went with an AFE PROdryS Drop in filter. $65 bucks from cobbs and no oiling to mess with. ALso washable and reuseable. Hope to have it here later this week.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
AFE on my last 2008 and on my current one with no problems and easy to service:thumb: Click the link in my signature if you need prices, John's customer service cant be beat:thumb:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Any real differences in the banks, afe, and s&b besides the $$$ or preference? worth the money for the banks or afe ?
Chris
There maybe a couple of hp difference between the threebut as to which makes more power there has never been a test to see. I went with the AFE because i know alot of people that run AFE and have great luck. The S&B is also a good intake and costs less than the AFE and banks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.