Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to reduce the amount of heat my open intake is getting from the engine compartment. I didn't realize just how hot it was under there until I was riding around with my AutoEnginuity scanner hooked up. I may be able to modify my stock box and re-install it, but would like to make my own.

Anybody got a template (drawing) for a box that fits snug under the hood? I'm looking for something like what Marty posted here. Thanks!

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3-mod-help/4413-diy-intake.html

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
796 Posts
its gonna be hot under there no matter what hank... i doubt there is very much you can do to help it. if you want cooler air, try the water/meth injection...

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its gonna be hot under there no matter what hank... i doubt there is very much you can do to help it. if you want cooler air, try the water/meth injection...
No way! I can't afford what that will do to it! :hehe::hehe:

I just want to cut some aluminum to fit the profile of the hood. You know like Airaid, etc. I was hoping I didn't have to go thru all the steps of making my own template with cardboard, scissors, etc.

Does anybody have an airbox laying around that they could trace or were willing to part with?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
796 Posts
what??? you have forged rods!! haha go for it!

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
No way! I can't afford what that will do to it! :hehe::hehe:

I just want to cut some aluminum to fit the profile of the hood. You know like Airaid, etc. I was hoping I didn't have to go thru all the steps of making my own template with cardboard, scissors, etc.

Does anybody have an airbox laying around that they could trace or were willing to part with?
If you just use water it wont damage anything

·
Registered
796 Posts
hank i gotta a AFE stage one if you want it...

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Hank,
What about switching your hood to a cowl hood, that will cool it faster than anything. Either that or do the zoodad mod and plumb it to wherever you want, you can probably do the zoodad on both sides and plumb them to different locations. I read your post and I hit myself in the head. I have had my AE for a couple months now and have never put the disc in the puter!!!
Take Care

NCH

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hank,
What about switching your hood to a cowl hood, that will cool it faster than anything. Either that or do the zoodad mod and plumb it to wherever you want, you can probably do the zoodad on both sides and plumb them to different locations. I read your post and I hit myself in the head. I have had my AE for a couple months now and have never put the disc in the puter!!!
Take Care

NCH
the "hankdaddy mod" is hanks so called version of the zoodad... FYI :hehe:

·
Registered
500 Posts
hank i gotta a AFE stage one if you want it...
If he isn't interested in your AFE stage 1, then I would be. I would love to finally start some mods, but with the financial situation of the world today... :( Let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts