Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK what are they and what DO they do??? Couldnt find any info on them...are they 7.3 mods???

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The AIH delete is removing the air intake heater(AIH) and plugging the hole. some then use it to install their boost gauges.

The CCV mod either re routes the crank case vent to atmosphere or through a canister(I prefer this method) to remove the oil from the intercooler tubes. This is the oily film you see on the intercooler boots and the oozing of oil.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i like to watch the smoke come out from under my truck, with the ccv mod, its amazing if you start your truck with the valve covers off to watch all that crap that ford puts threw your turbo!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So its better for the turbo? Has anyone done either mod and made a step by step or video???

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
some say its better for a turbo, just think of the oil hitting your fan blade as its spinning so fast, it cant be good

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The AIH delete is removing the air intake heater(AIH) and plugging the hole. some then use it to install their boost gauges.

The CCV mod either re routes the crank case vent to atmosphere or through a canister(I prefer this method) to remove the oil from the intercooler tubes. This is the oily film you see on the intercooler boots and the oozing of oil.

any videos or step by step instructions out there?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
lets me think, my after the bar step by step goes like this

pull your intake off.
you will see a black rectangle on the valve cover. that conects into the bottom of the intake, take a 5/8s inch hose with a conector (local autopart item like 5 bucks) and route it down under your truck. others take it down the frame to the real, mine just drops next to the oil pan. i believe Raul (stealth) sells a kit to make it filtered so you dont smell it?

·
Registered
398 Posts
The easiest and only write up I know of Welcome to guzzle's Ford PSD Web Page
Plus there is alot of other good info there too.
Its really really a no brainer task....maybe 15-20 min to do ea. AIH took me 5 min and the CCV took 15. Hardest part for me was finding all the material.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yea, what differences do you see with the AIH?

Im going to do the CCV mod, nchornet (i think it is) sells them but you have to PM him to order it.
Im going to do the enclosed system where you run it through an oil trap and then back in, this way i wont have to worry about low spots freezing and oil leaking out everywhere.

My vote goes for the enclosed CCV (Crank Case Vent)

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
NCHornet makes and sells a filter kit. You can also click on my truck in my sig and find pics of my filter I built for my CCV.

·
Registered
470 Posts
How do you do the AIH mod? Where is the air intake heater located?

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Stealth Automotive is now selling my CCV Mod, you can find info about it as well as order it here.

CCV Mod

Any ? just PM me

·
Registered
470 Posts
So are the AIH mod and the CCV mod the same thing?

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
NO Totally different. I myself don't see a real benefit to the AIH, but that's me. Follow my link in the above reply for the proper CCV Mod.

NCH

·
Registered
578 Posts
lets me think, my after the bar step by step goes like this

pull your intake off.
you will see a black rectangle on the valve cover. that conects into the bottom of the intake, take a 5/8s inch hose with a conector (local autopart item like 5 bucks) and route it down under your truck. others take it down the frame to the real, mine just drops next to the oil pan. i believe Raul (stealth) sells a kit to make it filtered so you dont smell it?
Ooops, don't forget that you now have a hole in the intake system where the old CCV used to run. The hardest part is dealing with the old hole into the intake tract.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Biostroker you won't have a AIH on your early 99.
Thanks-I have already done the DIY Tymar intake and didn't remember seeing anything like that!

·
Registered
413 Posts
AIH DELETE

The easiest and only write up I know of Welcome to guzzle's Ford PSD Web Page
Plus there is alot of other good info there too.
Its really really a no brainer task....maybe 15-20 min to do ea. AIH took me 5 min and the CCV took 15. Hardest part for me was finding all the material.
What is the point behined deleteing the AIH?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts