Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
AGR Super Pump Ford Diesel

I have a 2002 Ford F-350 7.3 Diesel with Crew Cab, 8' Box, 4x4, 4" lift/35" tires.
I've been dissatisfied with the steering/braking since the 35" tires were put on when the truck was new.
I researched upgrading the power steering pump/hydro boost unit.
I spoke with reps at AGR in Fort Worth Texas who hyped their Super Pump.
I purchased their pump and on their advice I purchased a ported hydro boost unit from Vanco in California.
Additionally, I was also advised to remake the high pressure hose from the power steering pump to the hydro boost unit with a minimum of 1/2" inside diameter.
Problem 1: I ordered the pump in September of '15. I was told it would take one week to build and one week to arrive.
After eight (8) calls I finally received the pump in December of '15.
Problem 2: I had my certified diesel mechanic install these units/remake hose following AGR's instructions to a T.
The pump failed with the shaft snapping off. Factory pump reinstalled. AGR blamed me. Received another pump from AGR - gratis.
Problem 3: The second pump installed and the steering/brakes work intermittently. Spoke with AGR who advised to remove pump then valve behind high pressure inlet fitting and hone with emery cloth - NOT!
After 15 hours labor at $115 per hour, 10 pints of Royal Purple synthetic power steering fluid at $8.00 per bottle I'm now back to installing a remanufactured Ford pump.
I'm going to demand a refund or dispute the issue with Amex.
Bottom Line: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY ON THESE PUMPS. TOO MUCH HASSEL/EXPENSE WITH PISS POOR RESULTS!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.