Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who is running them?

Did you have to change anything in the charging circuits or are they drop in and forget? Did they fit correctly in the factory holders and blankets? What are the specs for AH and CCA ? Where did you get them and how many$

On the driver’s side I get a little bit of corrosion dust building up on the mount? You can see a wisp of it in the photos. I know these stock batteries are about ready for replacement at 5 years and 110k

I did discover the under-hood foam gasket on the driver’s side was missing, letting some over spray from the headlight / hood junction in so I replaced that - 23 bucks from ford and they are the ones who lost it as they did all the service on it for 100K maint. plan.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
I was going to use Wal Mart AGM 65's but the local stores didn't stock them at the time I needed batteries. The case should be the same and no changed are needed to run AGM's. Plug 'n Play.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing....when you need them doesn't always comply with a schedule. Thinking proactively that's its time to replace them now .

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
985 Posts
I’ve got Exide AGMs in mine. Been great so far. 4 year replacement warranty. Don’t recall the specs but I can look at them tomorrow if you’d like.

Reactions: palmeris

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve got Exide AGMs in mine. Been great so far. 4 year replacement warranty. Don’t recall the specs but I can look at them tomorrow if you’d like.
yes if you have the time, are they the mx65 or something else?

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
985 Posts
Reactions: palmeris
1 - 7 of 7 Posts