Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...i haven't been on in a while hope all is going good.

i didn't search this too much so i hope i didn't miss my answer somewhere in the forum.

question:

does anyone know from experience are there any aftermarket wheels that are not really affected by winter salt??

i guess im thinking mostly about the ar teflons but i have never had them yet.

like most guys...i've blown way too much on wheels in the past. i dont want to leave my stockers on anymore - even in the wnter.

any suggestions for nice looking aftermarket wheels that'll hold up to the salt pretty decently.

i assume procomps (and other manufacturers) black painted aluminum wheels will still pit like the polished aluminum finish.

thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt :bump:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I work for a rim shop and no matter what company you use, rims will still pit from salt. Safest thing i've found to do is to use the same wax as you would on your truck and use it on the wheel before winter. Obviously a painted wheel will hold up better during winter, but I still wax mine. Problem with chrome wheels is that most manufacturers just care how they look when they get to a shops show room vs the longevity of the chrome. I've seen top dollar wheels(not gonna say which, cause I don't want to offend) come back within a few weeks due to bad chrome jobs while the "joe blow" rim might last a few years with proper upkeep. Most of it is just in how one keeps his/her wheels clean.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. maybe ill lean toward one of the black painted aluminums this time and wax them before salt season. i've never tried waxing them before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts