Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all this is my first post. I just got my AFE intake in today for my 2011 6.7. im still waiting on my afe exhaust, afe egr delete, and my spartan tuner with the warhammer tune.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
:ORG welcome:
Welcome! Post up some pics of your truck

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
What made you go with spartan over H&S? Just wondering

·
Registered
48 Posts
H&S is what i would prefer over the spartan, but would also like to know why you went with that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with spartan simply because everyone goes with h&s and i like to be different. Also im interested to see what kind of perfomance numbers spartan will make in my 6.7. i here it makes more horespower but i havent yet seen any torque numbers. Yes my egr delete is made by AFE says the guy at XDP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let you guys know. i put a few picturs of my truck up.. its not some beautiful always waxed never muddy truck... i bought the truck to drive it and use it like one :)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I went with spartan simply because everyone goes with h&s and i like to be different. Also im interested to see what kind of perfomance numbers spartan will make in my 6.7. i here it makes more horespower but i havent yet seen any torque numbers. Yes my egr delete is made by AFE says the guy at XDP.
There is a reason everyone goes with H&S. Everybody who dynos with Spartan, gets dissappointed. And you can't beat the customer service!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what i hear the spartan is making higher horsepower numbers. its just noone is posting torque numbers... i hear that spartan is making 30hp more and getting better fuel mileage then the H&S.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have always wondered if the rear end gears give different numbers. Do you know what identical trucks but let's say 3.33 vs 4.10 gears would do?
It my personal opinion that a shorter gear IE (4.10) will make more torque on the dyno but most people will tell you gears won't and don't effect dyno numbers. I can tell from person experience it did on my 6.0L...went from 3.73's to 4.30's and picked up 60 or so ft/lbs of torque. That is all the proof I have. Bigger tires I also feel will effect dyno numbers. Hopefully someone with more experience/knowledge can respond.

·
Registered
43 Posts
aFe makes an EGR delete for a 6.7L...... Cummins. I haven't seen one for a Powerstroke though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts