Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck has an 8" Lift and I have 38 1/2 14.50s on this beast. Well, obviously with tires this big turning without moving wont happen. I live in the ultra liberal "we hate trucks and drive hybrids" Madison, WI, and parking lots are way smaller. I would kill for anything aftermarket, that would allow me to be able to turn the wheels with out my truck moving. Power Steering Pump or any ideas anybody? Would appreciate any help....Thanks Alot!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cross over steering is the best answer. While costly it makes steering as good as stock if not better. Its suggested with 8" plus lift kits. I have a Pro Comp 8.5" and I was looking at crossover kits today and thats my next mod for sure!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where

Any Idea where I need to look for these Cross over kits?? Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did a standard google search and found 3 or 4 different variations (all work the same) but some with heavyer duty parts and chrome ext. I just typed "F250 crossover steering " and found it. Im not 100% sure how it works on the newer trucks with coils but check it out.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hydraulic Steering! AGR, PSC all make great products. I'm having AGR port and beef up my stock box an steering pump this week. I'm installing a AGR Rock Ram on my truck I'm running 22's on 40's and my g/f drives my truck a lot!:nod:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you mind telling me everything you are doing to your steering and what kind of prices you are looking at? Are you doing the work yoursefl or having someone do it? Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sure I'm doing the work myself but AGR is rebuilding the Box & Pump and porting it for the Ram I'm gonna do the install myself. Sending in your stock stuff to have it worked is about $1100. I built my lift so I pretty confident that I can do this too. LOL

Would you mind telling me everything you are doing to your steering and what kind of prices you are looking at? Are you doing the work yoursefl or having someone do it? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm running 38's with 24's with and 8.5" lift and I can still turn my wheel at a dead stop with no problem. Maybe I just got lucky cause my friend has and 06' superduty with the same setup and he can't turn his wheel without moving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts