Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my wife crashed our 05' 6 litre, it sat for almost a year. Damage was all drivetrain and suspension, front diff, steering but motor not damaged. Now my bodyman put new batteries, reset the inertia fuel switch, drained fuel and put new. But it wont start. Cranks fast, wont start. So today he bought a scanner and it read -1378. So he called ford, and they said thats low voltage to the FICM. Does anyone know, does that sound right for a FICM to go bad from sitting, what does a FICM do, and what do i need to do. I appreciate any help. Im a crane operator, and i understand diesel, but MECHANICAL.(no fuel, no run). Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
It may not have went bad from sitting but the code is for the battey supply voltage to the ficm [ford injection contol module] you may have corrosion or partially broken wire from battery to ficm. Supply voltage to ficm is 12v normally below 7 the ficm will not work at all. Your injectors will not fire.

The injection system on the 6.0 is electonicaly controlled and hydraulicly actuated by the High Pressure oil system thru a common rail manifold as is the fuel.

Read the sticky on the 6.0 problems forum for no start information.

The computer needs to be scanned on live data while cranking to check for any other issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you dannyboy, my guy said the ficm is ok, it has good voltage wen checked. But i will chek out the sticky on no start. Good lookin out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts