Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
What kind of power are you wanting? What kind of mods do you have? What money do you want to spend?

If you go the DIY route, get them flowed after or you really have no idea what you have. Also if your injectors have alot of miles on them you may have expenses that you did not expect.

Stage 1, and Stage 2 injectors or AC's are what most want...

Stage 1's will get you to 350-380...

Stage 2's will get you to 400...

AC's are the same as most stage 1's but are brand new injectors...

Hybrids can put you into the 450-500 range...

Go with single shots no matter what or you will run into HPOP issues.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
What kind of power are you wanting? What kind of mods do you have? What money do you want to spend?

If you go the DIY route, get them flowed after or you really have no idea what you have. Also if your injectors have alot of miles on them you may have expenses that you did not expect.

does that count for the diy-injectors.com stuff

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
does that count for the diy-injectors.com stuff

Thats any injector...

Hybrids are a bit differant, you can build them to about anything you want... But a standard "hybrid" is in the 225-240 range and will put you in the HP range I quoted.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
If its in good shape, sure. I ran a stock turbo with a 1.00 housing for a bit between turbos. Surges like crazy but worked fine.

·
2,724 Posts
mines the early one that they say dont surge or will it when i do my diy stage twos

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I have made an early turbo surge but it takes quite a lot to make it do it.

I have also made a D66 turbo surge but again not easy. It took a 8000' mountain pass with BIG injectors, ~30psi of boost and a 10K load to make it surge. I was never able to duplicate it at lower elevations.

Stage 2 injectors and a D66 turbo from Bean will make a mean combo.

·
Registered
959 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:he said the best not the cheapest!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

For the most part anywhere that has someone with experience and knowledge building injectors building them and flow tests them on an actual flow bench is going to work well for you. Where you start getting into the differences is stuff like the SHO mod that DI does or one type of nozzle that is used by one place vs. another. This typically doesn't come into play until you get into the larger injectors.

Remember you get what you pay for a cheaper is NOT better especially when it comes to injectors.

·
2,724 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:he said the best not the cheapest!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

For the most part anywhere that has someone with experience and knowledge building injectors building them and flow tests them on an actual flow bench is going to work well for you. Where you start getting into the differences is stuff like the SHO mod that DI does or one type of nozzle that is used by one place vs. another. This typically doesn't come into play until you get into the larger injectors.

Remember you get what you pay for a cheaper is NOT better especially when it comes to injectors.
i have heard nothing but good reports about his inectors hell ive talked to him on the phone several times and let me tell you most helpful individual ive yet to deal with about injectors you could send them to him to have them rebuilt for a fee but the reason that they are "cheaper" is because he is sending you the parts and your doing the workno need to be knocking on somebody for being cheaper and your right you get what you pay for but if your afraid of tackling something like this then you spend a thousand more ill stick to the diy stuff

·
Registered
959 Posts
By all means if you feel that you can do them and make them work please do. But I can guarantee you that they are far from the "BEST." I've personally dealt with Jim before as well. And honestly can't think of a bad word to say about him. He is a great guy to talk to and to deal with. But quality injector building doesn't happen without the proper tools and part of those tools would be an actual flow bench. I've had a handful of guys that have tried to go that route and realized there is more to it than is let on. Anything from busted alignment pins from improper assembly to runability problems due to improper machineing to try to correct something that can't properly be corrected.

A sound piece of advice, save the injector building for those who know what they are doing.

·
2,724 Posts
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR THOUGHT AND TRUST ME I WILL HAVE MINE WHEN MY INJECTORS GET UPGRADED I WILL BE DOING THEM MYSELF

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

well right now it was exhaust and intake and 6 pos chip, what will the stock turbo handle or should that be up graded as well money no problem

·
Registered
511 Posts
well right now it was exhaust and intake and 6 pos chip, what will the stock turbo handle or should that be up graded as well money no problem
I recommend replacing the stock turbo before getting a chip and especially before doing injectors.

·
Registered
959 Posts
YOU CAN HAVE YOUR THOUGHT AND TRUST ME I WILL HAVE MINE WHEN MY INJECTORS GET UPGRADED I WILL BE DOING THEM MYSELF
If you need my number to fix them after they don't work right and you machine the wrong parts etc. just shoot me a pm. I'll get them working properly for you.:thumb:

The stock turbo will handle about 30 psi of boost. You start going over that and you'll be having issues. If you plan on a set of stage I or IIs a drop in turbo like the Turbonetics or GTP38R would work well. If you plan on hybrids or bigger then you're going to want to go a step above that to something like an H2E or something from ***.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.