Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK sorry if I offend anyone with my lack of knowledge here but please help!

I had not driven my 2000 7.3 for about a week. I had it plugged in for a while and started right up as usual. I got to work and after about 7 hrs sitting in single digit weather, I had trouble starting it so I figured the oil got cold and my GPR did not work or my batteries were not up to part to give the juice needed to get the Glow Plugs hot. So after trying to jump start, I may have did something foolish, actually I think I did, I connected the jumper cables directly to the GPR thinking I could get the Glow Plugs some juice to warm up the fuel. Not sure if it worked or not but the truck did start and got me home. I then drove it around later that day about 40 miles. Then it sat for a few days. I started the truck and 'service engine soon' light came on and a considerable loss of power when driving. Went to Auto Zone to have diagnostics done. Code P1247 and P1316. Something about Short Circuits. On my way home, the service engine light turned off and the truck was back! but after about 4 miles of it being off, it turned on and again loss of power. I am going to replace the GPR but if anyone else has any advice other than not to connect cables directly to the GPR, please let me know. Thanks All!

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Reactions: Mrbrownstar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and cleaned out the MAF sensor tube but was not clogged, replaced the GPR which probably was not necessary but did anyway since it got one free from Life time warranty from O'riely. I changed the air filter. It was dirty as hell. I changed the MAF sensor anyway. I disconnected the batteries and let the computer reset while I cleaned out a spot on the garage to work on getting to the UVCH. Once I started to her up to move into the Garage, the Check engine light turned off. We will see. I might need to get to the UVCH anyway since this is what might be coming loose and giving me issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed! Fixed for 50 cents. The Driver Side UVCH became disconnected. Took about 8hrs but well worth it! Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Glad you got it all fixed up now, I'm assuming you did the 50 cent mod

·
Administrator
22,097 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did do the 50 Cent mod. Runs like a champ. I made sure the connectors were not burnt before I reconnected. Did both sides just to be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts