1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
They are the same other then the filter. You have the regular filter then the pro guard 7 that filters better and then a dry filter that doesn't need to be oiled.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so should i go for the dry? or is oiled better?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The oil will filter better because the oil will grab smaller dust particals

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill check it out

·
Registered
517 Posts
I went with the dry filter on mine but its just because I hate oiling filters, you can always upgrade just the filter later too. And you can also run a prefilter on it for a little extra filtration.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by prefilter? Where does that go in relation to the intake tube?

·
Registered
517 Posts
A prefilter goes over the filter, like putting a sock on your filter. They show them on AFE's website and I know a couple of guys that just used a pair of their wives pantyhose for prefilters. I use them on my atv's on top of oiled K&N filters just because of the extreme environment they are in.

·
Registered
517 Posts
With the dry filter you just wash it and let it dry out then reuse it. With the oiled filter you just reoil it after you clean it, usually in a special solution. You will find arguments both for and against either filter and it really comes down to a metter of preference and intended use. If I was running in a dusty environment I would use the oiled filter myself. Check AFE's website for micron rating on both filters, they might be the same but IDK.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thanks for the help

·
Registered
517 Posts
Your welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts