Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed it and let me tell you the throtle response is amazing. On top of that the turbo build up for woot runs is almost instant. I literally just got back from my test run so there will be more to follow. Getting rdy to go fill up so i can see how much of an increase i got. i was running @ 16-17 mixed. Currently i give it 2 :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
It is definitely the best intake out there at the moment! Good feedback!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Is there supposed to be a big difference between this and the regular stage 2?

·
Registered
742 Posts
would u recomend switching from S&B to this Jeff?

·
Registered
742 Posts
hmm alright, thanks ant

·
Registered
263 Posts
Got me thinking...

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
My guess is that the heat shield is going to make the biggest difference of all. The less heat that is allowed in, the better the setup will perform. Apparently it flows better than any other intake also. It doesn't pull the filter minder in at all.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
My guess is that the heat shield is going to make the biggest difference of all. The less heat that is allowed in, the better the setup will perform. Apparently it flows better than any other intake also. It doesn't pull the filter minder in at all.
That would be nice cuase the regular stage 2 pulls mine in all the freakin time.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I ran an AFE Stage 2 on my 5.9 Cummins and it was a great product. My new 2010 6.4 is stock, however, I am planning on the AFE for my first mod.

Have you guys had any issues with throwing codes?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just got mine today. would someone please at least suggest what to monitor now with the stock box. I will do the swap and monitor again so I should have some data.
I run spartan 210 now, i would appreciate it . thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
what sensors sould I log now to record the stock box air flow. I am switching to the afe Si on monday and would like to share the differences.
thanks.:thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think air intake temp is all there is. Don't know of a flow meter. I switched too, love it. No minder pulling.

·
shhhhh, can you hear it?
2,236 Posts
ait and egt.your ait with affect egt.would like to see the difference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts