Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed this baby about 3 day's ago, 200mi on it, and NO DTC'S:thumb:
Gained about 3Mpg out of it...WELL WORTH THE MONEY! Highly recommended, if you have nothing done to the motor so far. Next up, Spartan 210hp and DPF delete

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
3 mpg??? Is that hand calculated?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i will be the first to admit i have a HEAVY FOOT, but im not seeing 3 mpg better with the afe and spartan and straight piped haha...did you let the gf do the math???

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wish!! Mine throws codes for about a week after mine regens. Once it gets a few more miles after a regen the codes don't come as frequent. As for mileage I know I didn't see that much of and increase. On another note make sure you get the prefilter for it. After running mine for a week I checked the intake tube after the filter and found some very fine dust in the tube. Not much but enough to freak me out a bit. Since putting on the prefilter no probs with dust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha sorry no, gf isn't allowed to do math anymore jeff, and this is driving moderately. But yes this was hand calculated and everything. This thing is my DD and so far no trouble codes or anything, Canuck, maybe the GT is what is throwing your codes huh? haha

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I put around 3k miles on mine before getting a code. It does happen eventually.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's good to know, sounds like the DPF will be coming off sooner then i thought.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yea I can't wait for income tax time. I wanted to put some miles on my 09 before I pulled the trigger and decided to wait that long but it's killing me. My mpg have been getting better though slowly but surely.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's good to hear. I'm gonna start out with the BD GT tuner at first to just get some MPG, then move onto the Spartan setup

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
my mpg's ahve stopped at 13.2 on the lie-o-meter. wish I was getting better. all city slow driving, like 45mph and under

1 - 10 of 10 Posts