Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 F250 with 10,000 miles on it. Just brought it into the dealer for the fifth time yesterday. Three times counting this one for the same problem which is the DPF breaking. The dealer will not warrant the fixing because they say the cold air intake is causing the filter to get plugged inwhich they have to install a new one. Has anyone ever heard of this because I have not and need to know if this is bull because they want 4 grand to fix it because i installed an after market product. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
You may need to see if another dealer will handle it under warranty.

Have heard of this type of warranty denial occuring to others with mods.

General consensus has been to remove any mods before taking it into the dealer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a 09 F250 with 10,000 miles on it. Just brought it into the dealer for the fifth time yesterday. Three times counting this one for the same problem which is the DPF breaking. The dealer will not warrant the fixing because they say the cold air intake is causing the filter to get plugged inwhich they have to install a new one. Has anyone ever heard of this because I have not and need to know if this is bull because they want 4 grand to fix it because i installed an after market product. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm struggling to understand how the intake would plug the dpf. I'd return the truck to stock and find another dealer.:dunno:

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
Its not.. they are just trying to find an excuse.. to not pay up.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thumper what state are you in. ?....Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Houston,TX They said they would fix it this last time, but no more. I told them they haven't because there is no way the cold air intake is doing that. The dumpass even told me the truck is running to rich and i told him with more air it should be a little leaner. I have a call into AFE and they are going to get back to me soon hopefully.

·
Registered
141 Posts
MAF reads more air and so dumps more fuel

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some dealerships may say 'just because you have a [cold air] intake or something' that the whole vehicle warranty is voided," explains Loren Wong, Edmunds associate business analyst and a former warranty administrator for BMW and Acura. "That's not true."
The saving grace for consumers is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. The act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes the Magnuson- Moss act protects the consumer, however a dealer can say that due to the higher fuel amount being pushed through when you are accelerating because the vehicle is reading it is running to lean will cause damage to the DPF. Do yourself a favor and put it back to stock when something goes wrong again and take it do a different dealer or just do the DPF/DOC delete and be done with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I am going stock when i take back in. Just can not figure it out sense know one else has had this problem and several people have a cold air intakes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whatcop? If they say that then they have to prove it right? from what I have been reading on the mag-moss act they have to prove that is the problem and i sure give me some kind of documentation saying that? I would imagine they could print some kind of spreadsheet of pressures, exhaust or something from the computer?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah I am going stock when i take back in. Just can not figure it out sense know one else has had this problem and several people have a cold air intakes.
I know its not an intake issue but it shows that extra fuel is what caused the dpf to fail. I know I have seen the intake issue with a dpf going bad but I just cant seem to find the thread

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4-motor-problems/110357-i-just-got-whacked-new-dpf-help.html

Whatcop? If they say that then they have to prove it right? from what I have been reading on the mag-moss act they have to prove that is the problem and i sure give me some kind of documentation saying that? I would imagine they could print some kind of spreadsheet of pressures, exhaust or something from the computer?
Realistically no. They will deny it and you are going to have to battle it. Have fun with lawyers while ford draws the situation out for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts