Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to acquire a slightly used AFE Cold Air Intake. The part number is 54-31262. I can't find any reference to this unit on their web site. I do see the 54-11262 though. Has anyone heard of this part?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm getting ready to acquire a slightly used AFE Cold Air Intake. The part number is 54-31262. I can't find any reference to this unit on their web site. I do see the 54-11262 though. Has anyone heard of this part?
Not to highjack your thread Bob, but this is where my buddy bought this one...

AFE Stage 2 Intake Type Cx - Ford 54-31262 6.4L 2008:eBay Motors (item 110433471964 end time Oct-10-09 10:11:30 PDT)

I don't really know what type cx means, but I do know its a AFE Pro Dry filter, and it doesn't include the torque booster tube...

AFE Torque Booster Tube 2008 Ford Powerstroke 6.4:eBay Motors (item 200229846668 end time Sep-29-09 13:09:08 PDT)

:thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm checking to see if the booster tube is included in the package I'm looking to buy.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I've asked the seller to see if he has the tube as part of the package.

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Thanks. I've asked the seller to see if he has the tube as part of the package.
We have them on the shelf ready to ship, the system your looking at is a discontinued number. They no longer sell them without the torque booster. I am not sure the math you use but $295 + $75 = $365 sounds like a loosing proposition.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm buying the unit slightly used. I've asked the seller to let me know if the torque tube is part of the package he's selling. He indicated the kit was over $350 new which sounds like it may have the tube.

What CAI do you recommend for a 2008 6.4l, Pro FLow dpf delete pipe and an SCT Tuner running Extreme? I'm not looking for good 1/4 miles runs just a reliable truck with improved fuel economy. Also, should I have removed the cat?

·
Registered
193 Posts
We have them on the shelf ready to ship, the system your looking at is a discontinued number. They no longer sell them without the torque booster. I am not sure the math you use but $295 + $75 = $365 sounds like a loosing proposition.
He's not paying $295, he's getting a steal on it...

Used for 3 months...

$150 without the Torque Booster

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What benefit do I get with the torque tube?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm buying the unit slightly used. I've asked the seller to let me know if the torque tube is part of the package he's selling. He indicated the kit was over $350 new which sounds like it may have the tube.

What CAI do you recommend for a 2008 6.4l, Pro FLow dpf delete pipe and an SCT Tuner running Extreme? I'm not looking for good 1/4 miles runs just a reliable truck with improved fuel economy. Also, should I have removed the cat?
I would. If you are gonna delete the DPF, why not just go ahead and do the cat too? :dunno:

I run the AFE on mine, no problems with it, never threw any codes. Satisfied customer. :thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice boat Gino. Where do you run it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks,

Used to run it at Travis...:hehe:, Conroe, Buchannan, LOTO...

Do you still want the AFE ???:confused:

Let me know,

I have a couple of other interested...:thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I do. I was simply looking for some help on the differences between what AFE has on their site versus what you are offering. I will probably buy the torque tube from another source.

Do I even need the torque tube?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I didn't run the torque tube, niether did my buddy...

Not a bad addition though for $75...

I ended up running your 20's on my truck, my dad is going to buy a dodge...:doh:

And I am on the hunt for a set of 37's...

I bought my 6" lift, 5" exhaust, sct...

Got the sct from a guy in the woodlands for $350!!!

But it is only a passifier till I get the spartan...

Call me tommorow if you want, i can swing the AFE by?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts