Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of building up my 6.0 and currently im looking to improve airflow. I havnt quite decided on an intake, but im looking at a Green. Also on my list is a CFM+ Large mouth intake elbow and IC piping and some type of intercooler. I've narrowed it down to either an AFE bladerunner of a Spearco.They are really similar in price so thats not an issue, i just want to know if anyone out there knows which one is better. Also if anyone has some other sugestions as to what intake works best on a 6.0 please share. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Bladerunner is 3.15" thick and the Spearco is 3.5" thick. Other dimensions are the same.

Draw your own conclusions.

I have a CFM+ Largemouth and pipe (carbon fiber) I am looking to get rid of. If Interested shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you getting rid of it?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I put a Afe blade runner on mine about 6 months ago. I did not notice any change in boost or fuel economy. The only thing it is good for is a place to plug in boost sensor.
If it were me I would try a php Ficm tune. It is about the same money and will probably benefit you more. I'm not running any tunes though. Power hunger performance is probably going to be my next upgrade. Good luck

·
Registered
206 Posts
An intake manifold would be the better $1000 spent. Even though that is high. I have a BD elbow I got on trade for my trashed stock turbo and didn't notice any difference either.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I put a Afe blade runner on mine about 6 months ago. I did not notice any change in boost or fuel economy. The only thing it is good for is a place to plug in boost sensor.
If it were me I would try a php Ficm tune. It is about the same money and will probably benefit you more. I'm not running any tunes though. Power hunger performance is probably going to be my next upgrade. Good luck
The purpose of an intercooler is to lower the intake charge temperature. It will not give you more boost or better fuel mileage. If you bought it expecting either of those things as your post above indicates then you bought it for the wrong reasons expecting results that are not its purpose..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
which is the best intake elbow out there?

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
CAC cold side, No Limit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Probably for the money an 05-07 factory elbow. If you get crazy with power parts, then there may be a use for it.

For the most part, the "ported" intake manifolds are nothing more than hollowed out, smoothed, and gasket matched stock intakes. It's 6 one way 1/2 dozen the other. They have their benefits, just expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts