Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 5" straight pipe on my truck but got a fix it ticket a few days ago so I am forced to put a muffler on. Has anyone ran an aeroturbine muffler? What was the sound like? Also, did you run the regular aeroturbine or the more quiet xl muffler. Thanks for your help and input.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I have a 4040... It dropped my EGT's about 50-75 degrees below NO muffler at all!

Love mine!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the sound out of your 4040 compared to having it with no muffler at all?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Just takes the "blap" out of it...

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,897 Posts
I currently have 5" straight pipe on my truck but got a fix it ticket a few days ago so I am forced to put a muffler on. Has anyone ran an aeroturbine muffler? What was the sound like? Also, did you run the regular aeroturbine or the more quiet xl muffler. Thanks for your help and input.
How did you get a fixit ticket?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in Pismo Beach in California and had a cop pull in behind me. I tried going really slow but he got me anyways.

G

·
your turbo is a muffler according to what ive read. 4040 is a nice addition, takes some of the droan out. I might have a slightly used one up for sale soon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My truck didn't come with a cat from the factory so i don't have to put one on. I'm really gonna miss the sound of my straight pipe

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I got the aero turbine and the exhaust has a nice rumble to it now, at low rpms its nice and quiet but when you get on it its still there. It lowered my egts about 150 degrees but that could be cause I'm running single shot hybrids. All in all its worth it I think I even got an extra mile per gallon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.