Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the aero turbine mffler actually improve performance? I hear it increases boost and lowers egts, MPG and decreases spool up time. Is this true?
If you have any information on this please share it.
Mark

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have an aero turbine muffler on my '96. It gave it a nice sound and got rid of the drone but as far as dropping EGT's and increasing MPG's I didn't really notice anything.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Does the aero turbine mffler actually improve performance? I hear it increases boost and lowers egts, MPG and decreases spool up time. Is this true?
If you have any information on this please share it.
Mark
Nope, they are JUNK and won't do any of that...except act like a muffler...:thumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I always wondered, since the aeroturbine is designed to accentuate the spinning vortex of the exhaust flow caused by the exit of the exhaust gases through the turbine and since PSD's are the only ones with CCW turbo rotation (backwards to everything else) does the aeroturbine work against the exhaust flow on PSD's????? If it works as described, they would need to build a special one for PSD's

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have herd both positive and now negative on this. I need more info from those who actually have them.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i had 1 on my old Honda looong time ago...like it on that, but wanna take any type of muffler or kitty off my truck !!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always wondered, since the aeroturbine is designed to accentuate the spinning vortex of the exhaust flow caused by the exit of the exhaust gases through the turbine and since PSD's are the only ones with CCW turbo rotation (backwards to everything else) does the aeroturbine work against the exhaust flow on PSD's????? If it works as described, they would need to build a special one for PSD's
Coudnt you just turn the muffler around? :thumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
mmmmm, I think it is like a nut for a regular old bolt. Turning it over wont change it fron right hand thread to left hand tread, it is still RH thread even if you turn it over..........nice idea though.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i doubt it will work. I looked into the pair going into my dads truck and I dont see that working. But after doing research they are made to spiral, yes ,but mainly to create a vacuum to pull out the exhaust gasses.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
It is not anything special. Heck, strait piping your truck will give more benefit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts