Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired an '03 2WD F250 7.3L (66K miles). Jack and stands I have will not handle it. Any recommendations? Floor jack/Bottle jack?

Where are the best lifting points in the front? The suggested ones seem hard to gain access with a floor jack.

C

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I got some big jack stands from northern tools and a larger jack from craftsman. They work good but I usually need 2 jacks so I still use my smaller jack along with the big craftsman.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just bought an aluminum jack rated for 3K lbs at Harbor Freight for $60. It works well. I like the lightweight aluminum.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
3 ton jack will work to raise the truck. But I prefer a 6 ton and I use 6 ton jack stands.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 5 ton floor jack that goes to 30" and the 12 Ton stands for height from Harbor Freight. The jack was like $90 on sale and the stands were I think 39.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Harbor Freight has some fantastic 12 ton jack stands that work great on my truck. I also have a long frame jack from there which I purchased solely on the fact that it can lift my truck up by the frame with no problem. It's a 2.5 ton jack.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Harbor freight 6 ton jack stands don't remmber how much bought them about 6 years ago.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
HF does have some good deals on the heavy duty jack stands. I have 6 ton stands from Napa and they are real nice. I use a 6 ton floor jack but I carry a 12 ton bottle jack with me. Jack points are same as any truck, I usually go right under the axle assembly on the front end and the spring plate on the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts