Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine just bought a 2008 f-250 4x2 auto with 200k on it.

Looking for some direction on the best way to keep truck running as good as it is now. A little bit bout the truck as it sits now, Runs and drives great no real funky shakes but when idling in park every oh lets say 2 mins the truck sounds like it drops a few rpms and shakes the truck a tiny bit. Kind of like the way when you go from park to drive.

Other wise than that 99% positive all the issues are fixed from early job1 truck (other wise it wouldnt made it this far lol) Really what im looking for is just some advice from you guys. And yes the truck was a fleet truck that up until its sale time had chenged oil every 5k and filters every time the manual said when.

Stock to well now it is.:wink[3]:

·
IBEW Journeyman Lineman
772 Posts
That 6.4 has more miles than mine when I bought it, but same idea to me. I'd change all fluids and filters to get it on "my schedule" so I know exactaly how many miles are on each. Hopefully it didn't get to 200K by being abused but it should have shown any weaknesses it may have had by now. It should just need routine maintenance and a little TLC to get alot more strong miles out of it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about suspension ideas? I mean this aint like a dodge is it? lol

Anyone have/had any problems with that part of the truck?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 2008 F350 SRW Crew Cab Lariat with 54K on it on the 7th of August and took it on it's first run on a job from California to Missouri, Nebraska and back 4.5 day run. On my way back going through Nebraska I felt a shugging and a hard shift in the trans going up a overpass with a 7K trailer. I pulled into a truck stop checked all the fluids and the trans was bone dry under neath the truck was wet. I took it to the nearest dealership they added a couple of quarts of fluid couldn't find any leak and got me on my way. When i got back I took it to the dealership where I bought it and they told me it was a rarity but, the trans casing was poorly manufactured and the fluid was seeping through the casing it self like a sponge sort of speaking. So they are replacing the casing and torque converter and anything else that got damaged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh and by the way does anybody know the correct procedure on engaging and disengaging the 4X4 on my 2008 F350 I have the hubs set on auto?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts