Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a 04-07 Crew Cab 6.0 diesel in the 100,000 mile range here in the next few months. Is there anything that I should watch or for or look for when I am looking at these trucks?

Also what kind of fuel enconomy do you all average with your trucks, I have a 4000lb boat that I need the truck for and I get about 9-10mpg with my half ton chevy and I've heard you can do a lot better with a diesel. Either way I don't really care but I am just curious.

Thanks for any info you all can share.

·
Registered
214 Posts
read all you can on the engine, its a good one but can be problematic! read the 1st sticky on bullet proofing the 6.0 and use that to ask questions of whoever you buy from if any of the mods have been done.

as to milage it will vary I pull a TT about the same weight to a little more and get around 12 or so can't recall right now as we didn't get out this summer. The engine does require you to pay attention to maintenance. I run a bypass oil and a coolant filter on mine change oil around 6000 miles. Just had the BP process completed as I had the high temp deltas so also have the head studs now no I did not have a failure but took the necessary precautions not to end up with issues while driving. Again they are good trucks just do your homework prior to purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts