Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am right in the middle of changing the donuts on the upipes of my truck and I cant seem to get the bolts on the top of the up pipes to break loose:tard:. I have sprayed a ton of PB spray on them and still cannot get any of them to break free. I am agraid if I put any more force on them I might snap one off:doh:. Anybody have any advice on how to get them to break loose? :dunno:

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Yup, heat might help some. Spray/soak for a couple days. If that does not work you may have to go with a nut buster. Like a chisel but you wrench it till it splits the nut. Easily take off and install new. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the donuts and it still leaks! I think it leaks worse than it did before! Oh yeah and I ran the left side of my bed down the side of our tractor! F my luck these days... that dang truck has had nothing but trouble since I got home. Need some help fellas dont know what to do.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
If you replaced leaking donuts with factory donuts, I'd expect them to leak.

check carquest for cheby 350 donuts... they're bigger and clamp better. Will cure your problems...

howard know's the part #... I don't.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the chevy donuts, and they are way bigger but it still leaks. Worse now than before, my max boost is now 10 lbs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
When i did mine I used some permatex ultra copper silicone to get them to seal up. Maybe that would help them seal.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Don't limp wrist the ratchet........:lol:

You need to tighten them more but you need a lot of anti-seize in them and the flange and bolt threads and anything that moves to act as a lubricant to smash them properly. My Car Quest F17250 donuts hold 53-54psi of back pressure on my turbo and I have no signs of any leaks for the last 34K miles.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the ones I put on were Napa felpro 8194. They looked like they should have seated pretty well. I also didnt take the up pipe off of the truck, did I need too? I am hoping they just need tightened more, the one bolt on the passenger side against the firewall was extremely hard to get to at all. Anybody know any tricks to get to it better. I thought I had it tightened enough but must not have.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The ones from Napa I could not get to seal, they are too hard. That is why I have always said Car Quest.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today while I after I retightened all of the up pipe bolts, I was doing a boost leak check and found that the leak is not my passenger side up pipe at all! The EBPV valve is leakinf right around the rod where it comes off of the turbo pedistal. How in the heck do I fix this. It is driving me insane!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump Bump?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh yeah and I ran the left side of my bed down the side of our tractor! F my luck these days... that dang truck has had nothing but trouble since I got home. Need some help fellas dont know what to do.
Driving lessons?:dunno:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Driving lessons?:dunno:
lol real funny!

Anyways I still cannot get over 20-21 psi even with my water meth on. The truck spools up fast to 20 lbs and then just holds there. If I am WOT the temps climb up fast to 1500 degrees. I can't find any boost leaks and my turbo is in great shape. My temp probe is located on the manifold about 2 inches before the uppipe bolts on. Anybody got any ideas, what could be going on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts