Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running a leveling kit and 35s on 22 right now, im think of getting a lift but was looking around just 4inchs i dont want to go really really big, i was looking into purchasing 37...tires arent cheap for 22s tho, what kind of lift yall like and tires....mpg matter more about bigger tires right??? not so much about the lift unless u go really big......

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
im running a leveling kit and 35s on 22 right now, im think of getting a lift but was looking around just 4inchs i dont want to go really really big, i was looking into purchasing 37...tires arent cheap for 22s tho, what kind of lift yall like and tires....mpg matter more about bigger tires right??? not so much about the lift unless u go really big......
Well 37's on 22's I would go with a minimun of 6" lift. Mpg should be left in the console when going bigger. IMHO that is.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Well 37's on 22's I would go with a minimun of 6" lift. Mpg should be left in the console when going bigger. IMHO that is.
the height of the wheel has nothing to do with it. width and offset matter. to the op, do a search i believe there are people running that combo on a leveling kit. but the ICON and RIZE 4.5" kits are very nice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i heard the samething...thanks i didnt want to go to big cause that means i would have to go slower and i duno if i could do that haha

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I agree. I would go with the icon 4.5 on 37s. Thats what I have on my truck with 37x13.50x22 Intercos

·
Registered
490 Posts
If I had to do it all over again I would go with an Icon lift. There **** is beeeeeeefffyyyy

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know im liking the 6inch lift myself cause its only 2 inchs more then it makes ya wonder well if its only 2inch why not just get the darn 8inch...ahhh sooo many choices

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i can tell you at the 6" and 37 height, my truck is at the limit that some people can get in. My wife drove it 9 months prego, but my father is only 5'8" and has troubles getting in(he's 56 so its not an age thing). My buddies girlfriend has some troubles getting in to

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
All personal preference on height.....here's a 8" and 37s :D

Amp Research PowerSteps make getting in easier on the taller lifts :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly i love the 8inch lift but heres my thing you lift the truck up 8 inchs i dont mind buying the tires over and over again cause i drive a good bit the only thing is what happens to the track after a few years when u been driving it for MILES and its that big how much other stuff wears out now i only keep trucks 5 years but still......i would like the 8inch lift but 3 or 4 years and 80 and 100 thousand miles later i dont want to be rebuilding all kinda stuff on the truck hows yall experience with the lifted trucks and driving them alot

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
80-100k miles and you should be good with 2 sets of Toyo MTs :D

You do see increased front end component wear....but as long as it's aligned properly you won't be burning through parts like crazy. It's more the tire size and use that will wear on them vs. a 7-8" lift. When you get into the taller lifts (10"+) that's when you can accelerate wear due to the extreme angles of the steering components if not built properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts