Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possable to run AD split shoot injectors in a pre 99 AA single shot injector motor, specifically the 95-97 motors. Now I know do to the difference in the injectors, the computers are reprogrammed but can a person run AD injectors efficiently in a AA motor. Of course you are not going to benifit from the increase of injector cc size without a custom chip but that is not my question.

I guess the biggest reasoning is if a person needed lower mileage injectors in there high mileage motor and without having to shell out the cash for new injectors or even remans they had access to newer 7.3 injectors. Later in the future doing a DIY stage 1 or even stage 2 kit. Would this be possable? Will split shots work in a motor programmed for single shots?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Anything is possible. I truly feel that you will shell out more money doing it this way. Yes, with a chip or a 1997 California PCM, you can run AD's. The 15* pump will keep up with the 140cc injectors in stock tune only. The same pump ran 120cc AB's with no issues stock or programmed.

Just because you have higher mileage injectors doesn't mean they can't be rebuilt. Is this a hypothetical question or are you having issues?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts