Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Adrians stage 1 and think I either have a boost leak or missunderstood adrian on the fact that I thought my egt's would drop some. For those which have installed the durastroke can somebody tell me what your egt's and boost are at about 70mph. If I have a boost leak would my boost #'s be elavated also? Thanks

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is it smokey? if so you have an air leak, climb under it with a bright flash light shining up on the y pipes and turbo from the drivers side, have someone romp on it pretty hard if you see black smoke the turbo to y pipe isn't seated properly there will also be soot all over the back of the firewall and turbo.

Next check the front of the turbo to be sure the air intake tube from the air box maf sensor etc hasn't backed off the front of the turbo, you need to mount to turbo, then tighten down the ficm bracket 10mm nuts.

Lastly check all the CAC boots, cold passenger side and drivers side and the plastic tube drivers side that snakes down below the drivers battery for cracks.

Boost only builds when you have a load, best to test on a long hill where you can stay in it for 5 - 10 seconds and not hit 100 mph.

Flat ground you'll likely hit 29 - 30 psi for 2 - 3 seconds and hit 80mph at which time you load drops and boost will be around 20 - 22.

I don't have EGT monitoring but when mine ran smokey it ran hotter via the ECT via Scangauge II.

Once you get it 100% right, you'll know it.

Denny

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I installed Adrians stage 1 and think I either have a boost leak or missunderstood adrian on the fact that I thought my egt's would drop some. For those which have installed the durastroke can somebody tell me what your egt's and boost are at about 70mph. If I have a boost leak would my boost #'s be elavated also? Thanks
What are you seeing for max boost, WOT EGTs, and cruising EGTs??

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It feels very laggy, I havn't opened it up all the way but have done a few three quarter runs. I get about 26psi and over 1200 egt's before I back out. The thing I don't think is right is my egt's run about 9-950 at 70 with 8-10psi of boost. Bottom end feels just as laggy as before. Thanks for the help. By the way it pulls like a beast but I don't understand the egt's.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
What tune are you running? I'm running the SPD and I see 750-800 at 70mph. I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I can hit 1200* pretty easy I the highway, which sucks when I just want to pass someone. Its not so bad on flat ground but any grade and it goes up quick.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt's SRL+ and yes Fox mine is acting just like your's but I returned mine back to stock and cruising temps did not go down.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
My buddy 1fasttrx has a stage1 and had the same issues with high egts he got his tunes re written and his egts are lower. Idk if they're pulling fuel out or what but I know the new tunes helped him. I would still eliminate any exhaust leak first

·
Registered
720 Posts
If your cruising temps are that high then there's a problem. Mine went up from 650-725 to 700-800 when I added the stage 1. 900+ is an issue. Did the up pipe seal to the turbo correctly? Mine wasn't the first time and had that issue. I relied on the v-band clamp thinking it would join the up pipe to turbo. I used a screwdriver/pry bar to make it fit on whatever lip it has and joined the flanges the way it should.

Edit: I had to have my tunes rewritten for the turbo. My truck ran like garbage on stock turbo tunes. It surged like crazy.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
If your cruising temps are that high then there's a problem. Mine went up from 650-725 to 700-800 when I added the stage 1. 900+ is an issue. Did the up pipe seal to the turbo correctly? Mine wasn't the first time and had that issue. I relied on the v-band clamp thinking it would join the up pipe to turbo. I used a screwdriver/pry bar to make it fit on whatever lip it has and joined the flanges the way it should.

Stalker I just posted and you replied super fast lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stalker I just posted and you replied super fast lol
Im watching you... im waiting for an intake manifold review! Lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
POG! lol. Yea I saw it. Im jealous. Wildman has the turbo pretty dialed in. If its full fuel then sweet! its maxing out at 1300 and drops to 1150ish after shifting then slowly to 1300 again. Im just trying to get quirks adjusted now. I want a manifold, but the street bike needs slicks. Decisions, decisions. I need to work where you're at so I can get some OT!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
POG! lol. Yea I saw it. Im jealous. Wildman has the turbo pretty dialed in. If its full fuel then sweet! its maxing out at 1300 and drops to 1150ish after shifting then slowly to 1300 again. Im just trying to get quirks adjusted now. I want a manifold, but the street bike needs slicks. Decisions, decisions. I need to work where you're at so I can get some OT!

Lol I got 25 hrs Ot this week already

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

What does your tune do when you go up any grades whether it be bridge approaches or hills? I have a wildman tune and I can hit up to 1100* on decent grades. Then if I need to pass our slightly speed up I'm hitting 1250* already. My SPD does it to but its not quitet as bad as with tonys.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine is the opposite. Tonys tune has the egts in check most of the time. No light switch effect at all on this revision. A hill or grade puts it up around 900-1000. Passing somebody gets it up around 1000 too depending on how fast I want to pass. Vivians tune had a lot of trouble keeping egt's down. The slightest hill and it saw 1100+! Her tune feels faster though. It just seems way too hot for regular driving (EGT's... not hp). I still need to get my original tunes (stock turbo) rewritten from Innovative. I really liked erics xtreme race so im hoping he can get the turbo dialed in. I initially thought the turbo would be more "plug n play", but oh well. I just hope the tweaks done to my hp tunes can carry over to my street and tow tunes. I don't really want to mess around with revision after revision once I hook up a toyhauler.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts