Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Differences in the Adreniline and the Modded 17* from joey?? pros cons on each:dunno:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
unless you are going duals you are better off with the adrenaline because the internals are all custom made. The modified version from joey is basically stock

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how are some running stage 2's or 3's with it

·
Registered
310 Posts
single shots dont require much. my stock hpop is fine with my 250 singles. but a adrenaline would probably benifit me some which is what i might do just for the added fun.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
What all is involved in Joey modding the 17*? What changes does he make?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see i gotta get a 17* so by the time i buy that send it to joey i could just do the adreniline

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I think the adrealine would be the best option, I plan to get one and have heard nothing but good by people who have actually ran one. But I dont know what all mods Joey does to the 17*.

If you buy the adrealine before Sept 1st you get it for $480 or so. After sept 1st it goes up to $580 or so.

·
Registered
310 Posts
hell for the 450-500 ( i dont remember exactly) or so he he charges for a adreniline, might as well just spend the money and get it over with instead of buying something now and then buying something again and then again and before you know it u spend double. dont go cheap on your truck if your really wanting something nice for it.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I have it on good authority that the Adreniline is nothing more than a modded 17* pump.

Any truth to it.
Thats what people have said. I am in no way an expert on HPOPs but everyone who has negitive comments about the adrealine has never used one. Everyone with them love them. They deffinatly have more new parts installed in them and higher volume.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
hell for the 450-500 ( i dont remember exactly) or so he he charges for a adreniline, might as well just spend the money and get it over with instead of buying something now and then buying something again and then again and before you know it u spend double. dont go cheap on your truck if your really wanting something nice for it.
Are you saying the adrealine is a good idea or not? Hard to tell if you were calling it cheap and to get a stealth or something, or saying its a better option than just modding your old 17*?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Also the adrealine is a rebuilt pump. You need to send in a core and it has alot of new parts but is not a completely new unit.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so with that said what does Joey Do to his VS Adreniline Does to theres :dunno:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Im not sure what Joey does? Someone needs to anwser that...maybe Jeoy will chime in? I know the adrealine uses many new parts (15-20 brand new internals..I dont remember the exact number). Look on Bills site, he outlines the pump pretty nicely.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
why doesn't someone just give Joey a call and ask.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I have it on good authority that the Adreniline is nothing more than a modded 17* pump.

Any truth to it.
Thuglike,

Thank you for wanting to clarify this. I would love to address this, but the term "modded 17* seems like it would have many possible meanings. If there are questions that our site doesn't talk about, I could try to give some answers. If there are questions that are proprietary then I probably won't give the answers. :)

Also, wouldn't this mean that there are peeps out there opening up pumps to check them out? We never have the desire to open up someone else's pump. We worry about our own business. I can't imagine anyone caring about our stuff - so why would they do that? And how could they claim to have knowledge of it if they didn't open it up? I don't know what exactly the other pump places do and I don't really care. So I cannot offer a comparison to our Adrenaline as I have no info on their stuff.

At the risk of sounding like a smarty pants I would just have to ask "who" besides Bob would be an authority on his Adrenaline pump? I know there are others who work with pumps and I would love to hear the definitions of the term you are using so that I can give meaningful answers to this question where our pump is concerned.

Here's a little background so far on the Adrenaline sales and feedback. We have almost 500 pumps out there now and not one customer has disliked or wanted to return it. We’ve had NO pumps with mechanical issues. Every pump has worked when installed – as promised – and there were 5 warranty pumps so far that we chose to warranty even though they were faulty o-rings or some similar slight problem that could have been fixed by the customer. O-rings of course are out of our control and you will get bad o-rings from time to time. There were several cases where customers needed changes to programming that was limiting their potential.

We've have feedback from several customers with over 20,000 miles on their Adrenaline pumps. We’re very happy with the success of the pump.

Again, the words “modded 17*” could mean a lot of things. First off, the 17* isn’t really 17*. Whoever started that should have done a little more testing. When we first started getting into the Pulse prototypes we sent 30 of each 15* and 17* swashplates off to three different machine shops for review. What we found was quite disturbing. The difference in the angle could vary +/- ½ of a degree! That’s a big difference. The angles averaged well below 17 degrees on the so-called 17* pumps. NONE were 17*. The degree of angle on the 15* pumps were actually slightly bigger than 15*. They were a little more consistent also. Bottom line: your buddy could have a pump that was a bit better than yours because of tolerance differences in manufacturing that were allowed in this pump. There was no consistency from one manufacturing plant to the next it seemed. The plates were obviously made at different locations over the years. That’s why we make our own swashplates. We tested angles from 17* to 20* and came up with the angle that would allow for the maximum rotational freedom of the pistons without imploding on itself. We use the optimal angle in our Adrenaline for the most robust pump. Couple that with the dual ball bearing cartridges and the result is the quietness and smoothness that our customers comment on.

We use a stock housing so that it is a bolt-in replacement for ease of installation. Maybe that is where the term modded 17* comes from? I wouldn’t call a rebuilt transmission from BTS a modded stock transmission and I sure wouldn’t call the Adrenaline a modded stock pump. There’s a little more to it than that. We re-use some internal parts, but never if they are worn. We also replace some parts with newly designed ones. For instance, every Adrenaline comes standard with the upgraded “non-serviceable” plug that we have made for these pump. It has longer threads to overcome the stripped thread issues that those plugs have. I could go on and on but as it notes on our website we change up to 12 new parts in your pump before it ships and perform six processes to increase the efficiency of the pumps. The processes that Bob uses on the Adrenaline provide such a difference that if Bob simply rebuilt your stock “17*” pump using these processes it would have a greater difference in output than the difference between a 15* and a 17*. (And that would be what we would call a “modded 17*). Add that to the swashplate increase and the Adrenaline gives you all the oil you need to supply up to Hybrid 530s. We have over 2.5 man hours in every pump. That’s a lot of time especially when you consider that Bob could rebuild your stock pump in 15 minutes.

We have everything spelled out on the website. I recently received an email that said a thread out here suggested the Adrenaline was a "placebo". I had to giggle. I can guarantee you that by "my" definition of modded 17* pump the Adrenaline is anything but. I call the Adrenaline our "baby" pump simply because the PULSE is a beast. But the Adrenaline or something similar in size really is all the pump that most of you will ever need.

Bob is amazing at building these and they only get better over time. He is constantly refining his final processes. Remember: WE DO NOT LET AN ADRENALINE LEAVE HERE UNLESS IT IS PERFECT. EVERY PUMP GETS TESTED BEFORE LEAVING. I know there are TONS of posts out here about the benefits, performance gains and fuel milage gains. Thanks to all of you that take the time to share your experiences. All you can do is read what others say and try to make an educated decision for your truck and you. We present our pumps truthfully and want nothing more than for everyone to love it when they install it.

I don't see the big deal here - if Joey makes some pump that is modded and you want to run it, then you should. You have to stick by the vendor you most trust. If his works great, then hurray. Everyone benefits.

Thanks,
Sheryl Riley
www.dieselsite.com

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I actually had a nice hour long phone conversation with bob today and he definately knew his stuff. Just by talking to him I chose to buy one of his pumps. Bob and Sheryl are quite talkative too, not that thats a bad thing. They were extremely informative and I would recommend dropping them a line one day when you are bored and want to learn something.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Aside from the plate, bearings and plugs what other parts are replaced?
Jason: Anything worn in the core that we start with and all of our proprietary parts of course! Any authority on pumps will easily recognize the upgrades. :thumb:

T: I hope this answered your questions. Off to bed... thanks for the heads up on this post. We never check the internet anymore and I wish we could. If you have any other questions please email as I probably won't check this post again.

Everyone else: As for what else we do, please review the website. If you don't see it there, you won't see it anywhere. We have given enough information to make an educated decision on the pumps. We never give up proprietary information and we hope you don't expect that. I certainly don't expect other manufacturers to give up their either. Thanks to all.

Sheryl

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not being a smart guy...I think you know that..we've done business in the past. Just trying to get info posted for those that do not know.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts