Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a h&s that I am fixin to put on when I put on my lift but just realized that speedometer can only be adjusted up to 34" tires. Would like to hear from h&s if they are working on being able to run bigger tires or maybe someone here already knows.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
545 Posts
what size tires are you putting on? from the factory your speedometer already reads a couple mph fast for some reason so if youre running a 35 or maybe even a 36 inch tire it should be almost spot on.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
The problem with these trucks is that the speedometer can only be set to the largest tire that you can get from the factory

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
545 Posts
yeah but if you get it set to the highest setting even though it'll say a 34 inch tire it'll be almost spot on with 37s since your speedometer reads a couple mph fast from the factory.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Idk about the speedometer being high. I have 36s on my '06 now and my speedometer is about 5 mph slow @ 50mph. at higher speeds around 80 it is about 8 mph slow (Ive never adjusted it from the factory)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I will be about 10mph slow compared to what I'm running now. I miss my dodge where I could adjust up to 44"

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
155 Posts
can someone post a link or walk me through how to adjust the speedo to begin with? i have a 04 excursion and i just put slightly larger tires on it. not a huge increase but i do want mileage and speed to be correct. cops around here are a$$holes....thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
^^BUMP^^
I have same issue in that I lifted 4" and went from 245 factory tire to 35" Toyo's..Really not worried sooo much about the speedo but really care about the odometer being off for many reasons i.e. resale, maintenance etc..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts