Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does edge or the likes have any support for DPF deletes on the 6.4's yet? I would prefer to have an adjustable tuner instead of a static flash.

tia joe

·
Registered
387 Posts
What are you looking for adjustment wise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had an edge on my 5.9 and really liked being able to adjust the power level on the fly, rather than just stuck with whatever flash until i can flash again. i know on the new 6.7's you have to have a fooler box to do a dpf delete, and even then it still throws codes so you have to have a tuner that can clear them. i was curious what the dpf delete scene was like in the 6.4's, and would prefer a tuner that is adjustable on the fly that supports doing a dpf delete.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
None of the current tuners are adjustable on the fly...

I have the Edge Evo....it has a custom DPF delete tune in it from BADP, they are no longer doing this so you cannot get the same thing that I have...however, its not adjustable on the fly so to speak...you have to stop and turn the truck off to change tunes.

I will say that I see no reason to change tunes all the time...whats the benefit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so your saying, just get the damn sct and shutup already

thanks for the input, prolly be getting ahold of badp when i get some break in miles put on it

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
No I would not say get the SCT....I would go with BADP's tunes....now they are loaded on yoru truck via laptop though...or I would wait and I am getting one of the Spartan Tuners when they become avaliable....who knows when...till then I will roll with my BADP tuner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, its going to be a few months....ok maybe weeks when i get impatient :)

was just trying to do my homework ahead of time, realistically my priority is going to be fuel economy more than performance, the performance increases are just an added bonus

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would say no.

737tdi

·
Registered
387 Posts
BADP has been telling me that his tunes have been getting better mileage than most of the others. I've been running my SCT and have averaged 20-22mpg since removing the DPF & Cat.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
BADP has been telling me that his tunes have been getting better mileage than most of the others. I've been running my SCT and have averaged 20-22mpg since removing the DPF & Cat.

Well I think hes spouting off at the mouth....I get decent mileage...3-4mpg better than without the tuner...but I dont think its any better than any of the other tuners.

And I do like my BADP stuff....but they are not good at following up...they are supposed to be getting back to me on that cat/dpf delete like you have...and they never did....so I went a different route...they were supposed to get back to me on other tunes...and they did not...so I am going another way...they were supposed to get back to me on the feedback I gave them on the shifting on my current tuner...and they have not...I was not asking for a single thing for free....a discount or anything...I was paying full price....and they just dont seen to want my business...I sent them numerous people as well....sad....

·
Registered
387 Posts
They are extremely busy right now. They are moving to a bigger shop and making even more improvements on the pipe I got. They even buying a bender that is capable of bending 5" pipe, not cheap. The DPF/Cat delete pipes are not available yet, mine and my buddy's are just a prototype to test out. Once he gets everything settled down they should be cranking out this stuff pretty good.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
These trucks have computers in both the motor and tranny and that are way too advance to simply change the setting on the fly.....but it would be nice though.....kick it up to race tune to bury a ricer and then flip it over to econo to get awesome mileage.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
These trucks have computers in both the motor and tranny and that are way too advance to simply change the setting on the fly.....but it would be nice though.....kick it up to race tune to bury a ricer and then flip it over to econo to get awesome mileage.....
Really; reading old posts everyone claims their best milage is on the high hp settings.

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
They are extremely busy right now. They are moving to a bigger shop and making even more improvements on the pipe I got. They even buying a bender that is capable of bending 5" pipe, not cheap. The DPF/Cat delete pipes are not available yet, mine and my buddy's are just a prototype to test out. Once he gets everything settled down they should be cranking out this stuff pretty good.
I no longer need their pipe...thats what I am saying...they are so busy that they are losing business...

I hope the best for them...its just that they have left me hanging on more than one thing, and I guess I have a bad taste in my mouth about it.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Really; reading old posts everyone claims their best milage is on the high hp settings.
Mine gets better mileage on the highest setting (135HP)

Matt when I talked to him also confirmed...well atleast I took it that he confirmed that his tuner produces the best mileage on the 210 setting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea that was the general idea, plus i worry about damage to the drivetrain when pulling on those higher settings.

pahrump, thanks for the input on badp, i've heard both ways on them either stellar reviews or horrible, i think it has a lot to do with how close you live to their shop ;)

i'm probably gonna go with whoever has a nice clean bolt on delete pipe rather than a halfassed hacksaw job, if i can't have an adjustable tuner then the tuner really doesn't matter to me, its just for handeling the dpf codes at this point.

its hard to find much information on the pipes people are putting out, what the fit and finish is like, if you will, i am willing to pay a bit more for higher quality

·
Registered
573 Posts
Does edge or the likes have any support for DPF deletes on the 6.4's yet? I would prefer to have an adjustable tuner instead of a static flash.

tia joe
Well, not adjustable on-the-fly, but there is an end-user programmer coming to market soon. Sniper, whom is really popular in the Ford programming arena, has released their DeltaForces software which is completely programmable from your PC or laptop. You don't have to be stuck with someone else's 'tunes' and pay for new tunes that are released.

The DeltaForces package (completely programmable) comes with the SpecialForces package (pre-tuned settings) so even if you don't know exactly what you're doing you can have a good baseline to start with.

They currently support the 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstrokes and are releasing support for the 6.4 within a few weeks.

Release price will be around $450.00 for the interface, cables and the software.

Welcome :: Sniper Tuning

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
pahrump, thanks for the input on badp, i've heard both ways on them either stellar reviews or horrible, i think it has a lot to do with how close you live to their shop ;)

Yeah...thats the thing...I live about 45 miles away....I actually drove there and picked my stuff up the first time, met them in person and all.....the product is great....just ME PERSONALLY, I have received no support, or no follow up on the other things I wanted to BUY

1 - 20 of 20 Posts