Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to my Ford dealer to get some Stanadyne. The salesman asked what engine it was for. When I said the 6.0, he pulled out the Ford cetane booster, and said that it was"better" for the 6.0, and the Stanadyne should be used in the 7.3. Since they were roughly the same price, I didn't argue, but is there any truth to that? Are there additives that I should stay clear of for the 6.0? And how's the Power Service stuff from Wal-Mart?

Thanks,

Joseph

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dad runs the power service from wally since its cheap and easy to get. he notices that he does get a little better mileage than when he isnt running it. it might also run smoother but he dont notice those things...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have Stanadyne in mine right sitting in my drive way it's a 2006 6.0 and have used it for a long time now. Feels great with it in there and can tell when its not in . I'm sure the stuff ou got was good but the guy probably just does not know.

·
Registered
152 Posts
where yall getting Stanadyne? i haven't noticed it in the parts stores around here.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i get mine at an injection service shop locally, you can go on stanadynes web site and find a dealer near you, i think there is some places on the net that sells the stuff as well, i would encourage anyone to try it...its pretty much THE BOMB! lol

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,266 Posts
30k miles of PS in my 6.0

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yeah it's on ebay and such but prolly cheaper from some one local..

·
Registered
525 Posts
Power Service is great stuff. I ran it for a while. I now have some stuff that the Providence & Worcester Railroad run in their engines, along with the B20 i have been running i am sure its cleaning things out

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I use ashless two stroke oil. Better lubrication hands down, quieter truck. I have used it for the past 10k and my mpg didn't change from diesel kleen. The truck runs smoother and idles quieter though.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I use ashless two stroke oil. Better lubrication hands down, quieter truck. I have used it for the past 10k and my mpg didn't change from diesel kleen. The truck runs smoother and idles quieter though.
how much for 38Gallons?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I've been running either HOWES or Liquid Muscle, whichever I get at truckstops.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
1oz per gallon. On my ccsb I use a qt to a tank

·
Registered
152 Posts
is $82.32 a good price for a case of the 8oz bottles which they say will fill 30 gallons. so one every fill up would suffice.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i bought a case of 1/2 gal jugs (6 in case) for $130 locally. i got a small discount for buying a "large" quantity.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
is $82.32 a good price for a case of the 8oz bottles which they say will fill 30 gallons. so one every fill up would suffice.
How many to a case ? I pay $3.75 a bottle for stanadyne 8oz bottles and thats for 30 gal fill up, Well worth it hands down. I too used the 2cycle oil for a long time but I was able to get some stanadyne this time around and went for it. :thumb:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
24 bottles to a case

·
Registered
933 Posts
marvel mystery oil in all my trucks, im happy with it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts