Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to drop an engine into a F450 i am going to sell (original one has a rod knock) I am thinking about putting studs in it before installing the engine just for the sake of doing it. Like i said i am selling the truck as soon as its done, would this increase the resale value or saleability? What about doing an egr delete as well? Worthwhile or best not to mess with it? Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wouldnt think it would be a dollar for dollar return on your investment if you are selling it. if you were keeping it, then go ahead, but otherwise I would let it go as is.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i dunno, ive seen a ton of trucks for sale on autotrader lately that clearly state "ARP studs with new headgaskets", even on dealer sales. honestly, it would make me more likely to buy it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Unless the truck wasn't chipped from previous owner I wouldnt have a problem buying a non studded truck with lower miles. As for getting your money back, I don't think you will be ahead any. I would just sell as is- wouldn't waste the time and money if I wasn't keeping it for any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts