Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Just add another diode between the NO timer connection and the existing lights, like a 1N 4001
since all it will carry is the relay coil

Why do you use a 15 amp timer?
with the additional diode it only will be running the relay coil, like 100Ma draw

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just my $.02. My 03 has big led pods my 05 I simply replaced the backup bulbs with high quality led. They both run off the factory circuit. The pods are just scotch lock taped. Both do great job illuminating so much my ir backup camera is usually in color (not ir) on the darkest nights. The 03 with the pods is a little brighter and I wish I had added a switch to them because my trailer is white and the glare makes it impossible to see behind the trailer

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’m going to put in the timer setup. That way I can back my truck to the trailer hop out lock my doors and push a button in the bed of the truck. That will turn the lights on and they will time out and turn off by their self.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I have connected lights on the back of my 2017 6.7 which has the extra switches on the cab roof. I hooked them up as directed and through the switch as directed, yet when I turn the switch on to activate the lights I receive static through the radio severe enough to cancel all music or other sound.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Cheap driver circuit in the lights, you could try adding a capacitor across the terminals at the light to smooth out the back feed

Reactions: bamcghee

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Cheap driver circuit in the lights, you could try adding a capacitor across the terminals at the light to smooth out the back feed
Ok, thank you very much!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts