Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I just recently purchased a 2011 F350 XLT. It has a basic factory radio, no bluetooth, but does have an aux input. Also, it doesn't have audio steering wheel controls.

I thought I could just purchase the steering wheel controls, remove the blank on the right side of the wheel, and plug in the switch like most of the other options with the truck, but I tried removing the blank and it seems like it's part of the steering wheel and isn't meant to be removed. Can i purchase a steering wheel with the controls already installed, and swap the whole thing? Anyone know if I need an additional wiring harnesses?

Also, I'm in the middle of swapping in a Pioneer 4200NEX head unit and using the idatalink maestro to try to tie into the steering wheel controls.

This truck is awesome! So far towing has pretty much been effortless, even with the camper back there!! :grin:

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
It might not be as simple as a new steering wheel. You might need a difference clock spring and steering wheel control module. I would make a trip to the dealer parts dept and try to compare what you have with what you might need if the truck was say an XLT or Lariat.

It might be cheaper to buy a steering column from a truck with the steering wheel you seek and any other harness or modules.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh wow, thanks for the heads up. the steering wheel controls are proving to be a bigger deal than anticipated hahaha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts