Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 7.3 Intercooler and the air tubes that are made for a OBS this weekend. I've been looking at my core support and brainstorming how im going to go about doing this and i have a question.

There is a small cooler that sits on the outside of the core support (Closest to the grille) that i have no clue where this would go after i install my intercooler. Looks like it would be in the way though.. Anyone add a intercooler and have to move this?? If so where to? A good writeup would be good rite about now lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look in the Tech sections. I think there is a write up for it...

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet thanks guys.

Cant wait to do the install!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I think your talking about the tranny cooler. I left mine in its spot and the IC fit infront of it just fine. My tranny cooler is quite abit bigger than stock also.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a local diesel puller who had tubes from a SD custom fit to put in his OBS pulling truck before he destroked it.

Now that he just has the tubes and the intercooler itself... Do i need the spyder or whatever its called out of a 99-03 intercooled 7.3L? I bet its pretty tough to find one of those...

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,735 Posts
Check EBAY...for the spyder....If your headlights are dingy looking, go ahead and change them out...its all got to come apart....If your using the stock trans cooler....change it out for a bigger one also. Heat kills trannies....the stocker is just not up to par. I swapped a 6.0 trans cooler into mine when I did the intercooler...

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Check EBAY...for the spyder....If your headlights are dingy looking, go ahead and change them out...its all got to come apart....If your using the stock trans cooler....change it out for a bigger one also. Heat kills trannies....the stocker is just not up to par. I swapped a 6.0 trans cooler into mine when I did the intercooler...
Yes. Good point Chuck. Now is the time to do all of the above mentioned things while it is all apart.:thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the Spyder sold! lol dangit..

Yea my headlight support is all cracked up and one of my lights have broken mounting tabs.. So i gotta get all that to.

As for a tranny cooler. Will a tranny cooler out of a 150 (Dual row) be any better than the factory single cooler?

·
Tennessee Powerstrokes
2,829 Posts
the Spyder sold! lol dangit..

Yea my headlight support is all cracked up and one of my lights have broken mounting tabs.. So i gotta get all that to.

As for a tranny cooler. Will a tranny cooler out of a 150 (Dual row) be any better than the factory single cooler?
I would think a cooler from an F150 would not be much help. I would either do an 06 6.0 cooler or a Perma Cool Max. Just my .02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.