Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XLT and want to add factory fog lights. Do I need any thing else besides the lights and the harness? Maybe a relay or a switch? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
B.I.B.: You will need the switch (the center pulls aft to turn on the lights). Your truck has the relay in the smart junction box, it may not be active. The only way you will know is once you hook up the switch and wiring. If it does not work you will have to take it to the dealer, they will hook up the computer and activate the relay. When you install the foglamp lts./brackets they will not fit into the backside of the grill/bumper. Just remove the two horizontal outboard bumper supports (3 bolts) and they will slide right in then. Hope this helps.

737tdi

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B.I.B.: You will need the switch (the center pulls aft to turn on the lights). Your truck has the relay in the smart junction box, it may not be active. The only way you will know is once you hook up the switch and wiring. If it does not work you will have to take it to the dealer, they will hook up the computer and activate the relay. When you install the foglamp lts./brackets they will not fit into the backside of the grill/bumper. Just remove the two horizontal outboard bumper supports (3 bolts) and they will slide right in then. Hope this helps.

737tdi
Thanks for info :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts