Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im doing a 2inch add a leaf lift and i have the Add a leafs, and 2inch lifted shocks is there anything else i will need?

·
Registered
254 Posts
when it is done get your front end aligned.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
You need a adj track bar since your 2" lift will move the axle 1/2-3/4" to the right. Just a FYI but a add a leaf will ride stiffer than a mini spring kit or a hanger lift.

Cary

·
Registered
254 Posts
If he has a F350 he well but a F250 doesn't need one.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
With just 2 inches the trac bar will be fine I have done it on both 250-350's 1999-04 and works fine

As far as an alignment goes the only thing the lift will effect is the steering wheel will be turned a little to one side instead of straight but is easy to correct just adjust the drag-link which is the one connected to the pitman arm that will correct it and save you money at the alignment shop

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I have a 04 F-250 with a two inch add a leaf allready installed. I now have an adjustable track bar on the way because the front axle is off to the left about an inch and a half, she is dog walkin preatty bad!! I ordered it from 4 wheel parts about $160.00

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I have a 04 F-250 with a two inch add a leaf allready installed. I now have an adjustable track bar on the way because the front axle is off to the left about an inch and a half, she is dog walkin preatty bad!! I ordered it from 4 wheel parts about $160.00
Wow we did a 2 1/2 leveling kit on bluestroker's 6.0 and it drives fine guess we just lucked out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts