Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I experienced this when shifting into 4wd low fro 2wd-the engine instruments all died, truck still runs, will crank, but I only have idle thrust in both drive and reverse. The throttle will not give engine acceleration past idle (no responce from throttle petal) can not get any acceleration from the engine now. I am thinking a short in the 4wd, an eec relay, or some fuses. Anyone? Please help as I am 5 hours away from my home town. Thanks

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
But it works fine in 2x4? what about 4hi?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. It does not work in any setting, 4x4low or high or 2x4-only an idle power connection to the drivetrain with no accelerator responce. In other words it wll start and idle and I can engage the auto transmission in drive or reverse and get a little movement on flat surfaces, but it is not enought to go up hill when it runs out of momenteum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply, it is a 2002 F350 7.3 liter diesel super duty with auto trans. What is and OD sw wire? Thanks again. Mark

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I would be looking at what was previously posted and the TPS

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Thank you for the reply, it is a 2002 F350 7.3 liter diesel super duty with auto trans. What is and OD sw wire? Thanks again. Mark
Did you follow that link? All the answers are there ;)

Check fuse #45 and, if blown replace it. That alone might get you home but, it's going to happen again if you don't repair the OverDrive button wire...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much for your link to the shifter wire. I bet this is the issue since the event coinsided with me slamming the shifter into park on a steep hill (possible causing the chaffing)when I was trying to quickly get out of the the truck to open a gate. I then noticed it when I selected the 4w to high. Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts