Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 6.0 ac is acting up.On my way from Yuma,AZ.to Tucson my ac started blowing warm air.After we stopped at a rest area for a few minutes started it up and the ac was working again but only for a few miles then warm again.
Had a AC shop in Tucson work on it the next day and they found where I was loosing Freon.They fixed both hoses and recharged the system for a cost of $302.00.
Left the next day for Las Cruses,NM.and within 40 miles ac is blowing warm again.After two more stops with engine off ac would again work for a few minutes.Anyone with a answer would be number one on my list.LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Take a look at you heater control valve (pictured) and make sure the vacuum hose is connected, and not only connected but connected in the right place. There are two ports that look like they would take the hose. To test start the truck torn ac on then try the ports and see which one is activated by vacuum. I knocked mine off while working on my truck once. Can't remember which port is correct. Thinking it's not the one in the pick but the one that goes straight up. So test...It could be the one shown in the pic

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts