Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2004 6.0 powerstroke bulletproofed, CAI, rudy’s y pipe, straight pipe exhaust. i had the ac compressor go out on my truck, so i waited about a week or so to change that so the part could come in the mail. during that week my ac just completely stopped blowing the flaps still move in the ac but it doesn’t blow. a week goes by i finish another cummins project, jump on my truck and put a ac compressor in and a new blower motor. none of the fuses are blown!!!! so i turn the key still no ac out of the vents doesn’t blow at all. the light in the switch comes on but doesn’t blow, checked all my connections and they are all good. i went to youtube and some guy said if it’s the resistor it will only work on high with the heat on so i try it and still don’t get the ac to blow. it’s a 2wd extra cab XLT. i need help asap i live in arizona so it’s hot here please help!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
So, the fan is not running at all?

Do you have the fancy digital controls or the old style turn knobs on the heater?

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Administrator
23,528 Posts
He's also been working on it, so not ruling out a damage harness

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where would the harness be damaged at i just but a blower motor in and it stopped working before i touched anything.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Why not do the electrical tests, before you start throwing parts at the problem?

I mean a test light at the switch would be a place to start -- power in and the different speeds out -- then there is the resistor network, got power there?

Power at the high speed relay?

Likely a supply problem to the main switch -- so testing is first, before throwing parts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not do the electrical tests, before you start throwing parts at the problem?

I mean a test light at the switch would be a place to start -- power in and the different speeds out -- then there is the resistor network, got power there?

Power at the high speed relay?

Likely a supply problem to the main switch -- so testing is first, before throwing parts
i have power at my switch i already identified that. my pressures box thing still works because it’s moving the flaps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, the blower motor doesn't work on any speed? Have you tried jumping the blower motor to see if it works? Checking to see whether there is power getting to it from the relay?
i have not jumped the blower i don’t know hoe to do that. and i switched a relay and it still doesn’t blow i don’t know what to do anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
The fan speed switch provides power for the lower speeds and the relay provides high speed -- so two power paths to the resistor network -- there is a thermal fuse on the resistor network that will kill power to the fan -- look there

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The fan speed switch provides power for the lower speeds and the relay provides high speed -- so two power paths to the resistor network -- there is a thermal fuse on the resistor network that will kill power to the fan -- look there
ok i will because it doesn’t work on any of the speeds but it still actuates all the doors i put a resistor on but not like installed in the box but just hooked it up and it didn’t work still

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
40 amp fuse and blower relay are in the fuse box under the hood -- 'High' speed on the fan switch sends direct power to the fan thru that relay and fuse

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
40 amp fuse and blower relay are in the fuse box under the hood -- 'High' speed on the fan switch sends direct power to the fan thru that relay and fuse
no fuses are blown on it and it has 0 speeds have not changed the relay

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
You have a test light?
test at the fan blower connector -- what do you get?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts