Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving when my ac will disengage, (I assume the clutch disengages) seems to be happen more often when rpms are about 2200 but completely random. Sometimes in town sometime cruising down interstate. Pressure is fine. Has anyone else had this issue? Usually starts working in a mile or 2 but sometimes I have to drop rpms to get it to work. I can't get it to do it in the shop.
2105 f350 srw xl ccsb 110k owned since new.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wouldn’t think the clutch would need adjusting already, but that is a simple thing to try. There is a good youtube video on how to do it and you can google the specs.
I didn’t think that was the problem on my older Ford, I took it to a shop and that was all they had to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2011 has recently started blowing hot with low airflow when I have the truck under a load.
If I turn it off for a few minutes then back on it returns itself to a normal working order.
Not sure what’s causing it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Buck, it’s most likely low on Freon freezing over the evap core. I replaced a LOT of evap cores on 11-16 truck for leaking. Also a lot of them for simply being plugged. Ford has no cabin filter. To the OP, you need to watch the pressures with a a/c machine or gauges to see what they’re doing. At a minimum I’d start with an evac and recharge to see if that helps it. It could be low.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buck, it’s most likely low on Freon freezing over the evap core. I replaced a LOT of evap cores on 11-16 truck for leaking. Also a lot of them for simply being plugged. Ford has no cabin filter. To the OP, you need to watch the pressures with a a/c machine or gauges to see what they’re doing. At a minimum I’d start with an evac and recharge to see if that helps it. It could be low.

Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was experiencing lackluster AC performance on my truck and was sure it was low on refrigerant. To my surprise, I fixed another issue and the AC is back with a vengeance. Seems as though my driver's side battery was badly corroded and upon cleaning it, by AC has new life. Check your battery condition first as that's pretty easy. Check terminals, cells and state of charge.

I'm in the process of troubleshooting a Nissan Xterra's AC system and have narrowed the issue down to either a bad pressure switch or thermister. Leaning toward the thermister. Its attached to the evaporator and is a known failure item. Basically turns the system off to prevent the evaporator from icing over.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts