Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a leak in my ac in my 99 f350. I have been told that it is my evaporator core that is leaking and the dash had to be removed.I have been quoted anywhere form 500 to 700 to replace it. I would rather do the work myself but I have been researching and I am just lost, couldnt find out much about the location or removal of the evaporator core. Do I have to remove the dash or does it come out from under the hood. Either way it comes out does anyone have any tips or suggestions

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I have a leak in my ac in my 99 f350. I have been told that it is my evaporator core that is leaking and the dash had to be removed.I have been quoted anywhere form 500 to 700 to replace it. I would rather do the work myself but I have been researching and I am just lost, couldnt find out much about the location or removal of the evaporator core. Do I have to remove the dash or does it come out from under the hood. Either way it comes out does anyone have any tips or suggestions
What was the rest of the story??!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not too bad to get out and in thru the wheel well! jack it up, remove a tire and the liner at it's all right there

Reactions: Buddylee and Pinoy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts