Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be replacing the compressor, condenser, and orifice tube tomorrow. Already ordered parts and got freon. Getting a vacuum pump and gages tomorrow. Anybody have any tips? Never worked on AC system before so anything is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,474 Posts
Replace the dryer/receiver also, it filters all the chunks before the orifice tube

·
Administrator
21,622 Posts
I always pay a guy for A/C and transmission work, also, I get the parts bundle that is warrantied even if I dont need it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a dumb question. But the Chilton's manual doesn't say and neither do the instructions with the compressor. Anyone know how much TOTAL refrigerant oil is supposed to be in the compressor?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Lube orings with pag oil before putting things together. A new compressor should have the proper amount of oil in it, but it’s wise to double check. Since the compressor came with instructions, it probably isn’t oem. Flush all your lines to get everything out from when your compressor took a dump, and get a new drier.

If you’ve never done a/c work before, I’d save the frustration and pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lube orings with pag oil before putting things together. A new compressor should have the proper amount of oil in it, but it’s wise to double check. Since the compressor came with instructions, it probably isn’t oem. Flush all your lines to get everything out from when your compressor took a dump, and get a new drier.

If you’ve never done a/c work before, I’d save the frustration and pay someone to do it.
I've never done ac work before. But I wanted to tackle it, I don't pay anyone do do anything usually. If I can fix a helicopter, I can fix this thing. I bought a four seasons fs10 compressor. No idea what brand is. It stated specifically it had 3 ounces precharge, but I found the proper charge. Everything is back together and running properly!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to throw an update on here. I have a few miscellaneous unrelated issues with the truck but the AC is running strong and cold! Never hurts to jump in feet first to learn something new!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts