Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can watch the comp engage, but no matter the setting on the climate control the ac won't blow. It works some times, only had the truck for 2 days. I haven't figured out if there is a pattern.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had a problem with my 08 6.4. I changed the relay, checked wiring, pulled the blower, the whole 9 and couldn't find anything wrong. Mine would quit about 1-2 a month. I'd open and slam the hood and it would kick right on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ive been having the same problem. Yesterday it didn't kick on for 10-15 min, it didn't matter what setting it was on it would not blow. I twisted every knob on it an it finally came on, started slow and then took off to hi. I have had this happen several times.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
348 Posts
Bump

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
994 Posts
U had it for two days? Buy it from dealer? If so u should have a 30 day return policy. Tell them to fix it or else ur returning it. If not its prolly ur blower motor or something.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hit the housing under the glovebox and see if the fan kicks on, the blower motor is right there. About once every couple of months, mine will do this, a little smack with an open palm and the blower starts right up. I figure at some point it wont restart and I will replace the blower motor.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Start with Checking the blower motor resistor, could be a loose connection or a faulty resistor. Of course it could be a hundred other things but I would start there.

Sent with my mind using ESP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts