Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My abs brake light is flashing 16 or could be 15 times and stops and does it over and over while driving. If I start the truck, It stays off till I hit the brake. Any ideas what that means?:dunno:

97 Ford F350 Powerstroke 7.3

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
If the abs is blinking it might be setting a code. Might try to pull them to see if there is anything. Other than that I'm not sure, Could just be the VSS or the abs unit itself...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually the rear center top of the rear axle ABS sensor wiring tends to corrode then break, Since its only protected by a simple plastic (come fill me up with road debris)loom, this is the first place it's going to break.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a '97 and the ABS light used to blink 10-15 times and then stay on; On my truck the issue ended up being the ABS valve (on the frame fds). I can't remember if there were one or two sensors there, but it never leaked. I also noticed a bit more pedal when it was replaced. Give it a look.

·
Registered
28 Posts

My Abs light is on constantly on my truck , its a 2001 4x4 psd , what is it ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You've got a broken ABS wire, likely at the rear diff, top center.

A blinking ABS light indicates a malfunction of the ABS unit itelf.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to this forum and the previous poster! I'm not one who's into forum much. My ABS light came on today after driving on some DOT #1 stone and I thought the worst. Being a Ford mechanic 10 years ago I saw how expensive the ABS system can be to repair. After searching this thread out, a simple continuity check, and later a firm tug on the wire the weight on my shoulders was lifted. Thanks again for making my day!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts