Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting closer to buying a truck and am going to buy an Edge Insight CTS here in the next few days to take on my test drives. The question I have is where to buy it. Edge is based about an hour north of me and I would like to support a local business but from doing a quick price check it seems like I can get the same unit on Amazon for almost $100 less. Is there a reason why I should buy from the manufacturer over Amazon or anywhere else with a better price?

I plan on buying just the basic unit for now until I buy my truck then add the misc probes at that time.

Where did you all buy your monitors from?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Amazon. I bought the CS and CTS to try and returned the CTS. I prefer the smaller size and the buttons on the CS.

·
Registered
445 Posts
XDP, Edge has a 15% sale right now on all their items. CS-$254, CTS-$339 free next day shipping.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Edge has a disclaimer on there website, if you purchase a Edge product from a NON authorized dealer, your warranty may be void.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I got mine off eBay for like $325 shipped NIB and I filed a complaint after not getting it after about 3 weeks. EBay refunded all my money closed the sellers account and I got the item in the mail the next day....lol..... I called eBay they said to hold onto it until they got into contact with me. They never did. That was about a year ago.
I would also like to add they were not a dealer and I have had the CTS turbo trimmer and the probes(all bought off eBay) sent or replaced by edge. I simply registered it as a gift on their site and they have never even asked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
445 Posts
^Where do I sign up for this deal? Ha that is awesome

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
^Where do I sign up for this deal? Ha that is awesome
I have never had luck like that. It was awesome. I guess the seller got what was coming to him after screwing a bunch of people over.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just got my cts from xpd next day for 339.15. Eas starter/EGT 98.00

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sounds good guys. I think I'm going to call edge today when I get to work and ask about the big price difference and if they will match xpd. I'll let you all know what they say.

Edit to add: I just checked edges website and xpd is listed as an authorized retailer so there shouldn't be any issue with warranties should anything come up. I would still like to buy locally so hopefully they will do a price match.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Amazon. I bought the CS and CTS to try and returned the CTS. I prefer the smaller size and the buttons on the CS.
I own both and the CS actually has a clearer screen than the CTS.

OP...If you can live without the smaller screen and touch function - really makes no difference in the end because they do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
does then SCT EGT KIT work with the edge insight?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who said that their business model is to push sales more to dealers. The guy said that they could do $20 above XPD's price if I really wanted to buy from the manufacturer but that is as close as they would go. He did say though that the reason XPD and their other dealers may be having sales though is because they are giving a discount to the dealers until the end of October.

I am getting a fat OT check Friday and will most likely be making my order from XPD then. If only my home refinance would finish up and I could by my damn truck I could finally be content. (for now)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I ended up buying a CS which came today. On my way home I plugged it up to my police car (chrysler sebring, boo) and I couldn't figure out how to program more than three pids. I know that the CS can only display 3 at a time but I thought that I would be able to get a couple screens set up with different pids that I could then toggle in between. Is this not the case? If I can't do this than I may be returning it for a CTS so I can see more data at a time.

Thanks guys.

Edit to add: So I figured out how to add more than the stock 3 displays on the screen but I want to set up multiple screens with three on each one. Is this possible?

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I ordered the Insight CTS with EAS w EGT and the new license plate surround backup camera from XDP on Monday. Had it Tuesday. Can't beat XPD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts