Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a f250 with the 7.3, and I give up. They are so overpriced, crazy money. I love the look of the 05, and there not too much more money. Now if I get a 6.0, with head studs and dpf delete, will the motor be bulletproof. Will it be as good as a 7.3?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
no dpf, thats the 6.4's, I think your meaning to say EGR delete, and its up for conversation but yes it would be as reliable as the 7.3 just watch out for the FICM, not that they go out all the time but it does happen. While your getting the studs and egr delete done get the newer sct fitting and oil cooler installed, and your good to go. There are a million upgrades to do to these trucks and every product or people with that product thinks it makes it even more amazing, so how deep is your wallet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found a truck that already has the studs and egr delete.
I just won't have a ton of dollars after buying the truck.
I just paid off the CC, so I don't want to go there.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
The 6.0 requires a monitoring device such as the edge insight. You MUST monitor the engine oil temp and the coolant temp. Whether or not it is studded makes little difference for this. (and are you SURE the studding was done properly?)
Theres a link in my signature, "basic info" that will walk you through what gauges you need, what you are looking for and what should be addressed to make your engine last longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts