Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im almost posituive that ive heard of this being done installing ad injectors in an early 99 truck don't see why it wont work but i know other things will have to be changed just what all will it take.:dunno:

·
Registered
277 Posts
The injectors will swap no problem, and nothing else needed. I don't know how much of a benefit it will be, but someone who knows more than I do about a AB to AD swap will be along soon.

Chris

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Both the statements above are spot on. The AD injectors flow around 20cc more fuel. It should be a pleasant power gain especially when tuned for it.

Fuel = Power

It would be like adding stage 1 injectors to a 99.5-03 trucks. Stage 1's flow 160cc and the stock AD is 140cc. A difference if 20cc of fuel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guys what i am saying is you can find ad injectors reasonable cheap low milage used just wandering if you could change the hole set and be ok or if you have to get a chip burnt by tony or change the hpop or idm what you all are saying is if i install all eight ill be fine turn key and go correct.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
You can change the whole set and be OK. The AB and AD injectors are both split shot. You may or may not notice any change in power. In theory, you should like Strokin' early said. Every truck is a bit different in the way it runs. I didn't feel any real power when I switched out a set of AB's for AD's, but that was on stock early 99 pcm. When I changed out the pcm to a late 99-03, things were different.

Also, in the future if you are going to upgrade to stage 1, 2, or even 3's... buy AB or AD cores. They generally have less mileage (wear) and make great cores to a rebuilder. Not to mention, they are generally cheaper that A0\AA code's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts