Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a set of ad injectors. They are in great shape only have about 127k on them but for some reason didnt snap that i have AA's. So with that being said can i use these in my truck with no mod or should i sell them and try to get some AA's?

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
They wont work, AA are single shot, and AD are split shot. They will either need to be sent in and modifed to single shots or sell them and get a set of AA.

You can put AA injectors into an AD truck (99-03 SUperduty).

But you cant put Superduty AD injectors in an OBS AA.

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you have a 49 state truck then no. If you have a California model 97 then it will work, however from what I understand you will not see an improvement untill you get modified tuning to go with it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Keep them. aa's are 90cc and ad's are 140cc. Big performance gain. You will just need tuning for the split shots.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Keep them. aa's are 90cc and ad's are 140cc. Big performance gain. You will just need tuning for the split shots.
I just was thinking about this, if he gets a chip (most of us do eventually) then any of the tuners that I would look at using will make the tunes for the truck, all he has to do is tell them that he is gonna install AD's when he installs the chip.

I would love to get them for my truck, but I think for him they would be a good step.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just was thinking about this, if he gets a chip (most of us do eventually) then any of the tuners that I would look at using will make the tunes for the truck, all he has to do is tell them that he is gonna install AD's when he installs the chip.

I would love to get them for my truck, but I think for him they would be a good step.
Exactly. And then when your truck starts to feel slow again, send in the aa's as cores towards some better injectors. Send in the chip and get it reburned for the new injectors, turbo, oil, intercooler.....that you will be putting on!.:icon_ford::thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
you can get your coomputer reflashed however im pretty sure you need to upgrade your hpop to the 17 degree one that is found on the super duty to get any advantages in power

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a great idea but the only thing like i told big bird earlier this is a ranch truck and rearly sees pavement. But if i was gonna use it for anything other i would.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kinda funny is i got them as part of a package the guy even gave me the hpop from a 2000 said it was stock may sell that aswell

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i have a good question then. If i was to keep them and use them on my obs anyone know what chip i would have to get and furter more who to get it from and about how much it may cost.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
kinda funny is i got them as part of a package the guy even gave me the hpop from a 2000 said it was stock may sell that aswell
How much would you want for that HPOP?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Any good tuner can set you up. DP, Swamps, PHP, DI, etc. I'd call swamps. And definitely put the 2000 hpop in. With the chip, hpop, and ad's installed, I'd be willing to bet you will add over well over 100 hp.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i am working on doing the same set up in my 96 but I got my hands on a custom tuned SD ECM and already have all the other supporting mods on her already

1 - 16 of 16 Posts